Everton 3-0 Liverpool - Saturday 20th October - 12:45 Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Player Valuation: £20m
Everton Vs. Liverpool

evertonsept9-712149.jpg

Saturday 20th of October - Early kick off - 12:45

Last season's fixture was a game no Evertonian will ever forget, a game that will go down
in memory for a long time, it was a classic.
This time with Liverpool looking dangerous and Everton leaking goals I feel we won't
be wiping the floor with them again.
Not to say that I think they will win, I would never predict that!

This time around I think it will be a tight, passionate game, we will all have to hope for
a decent ref who can keep his cards in his pocket.
I think Tony Hibbert can be left out of this one, his rehabilitation back to the solid
utterley reliable defender he was once will not progress during this game.

With Tim Howard in net, and a back four of Phil Neville, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott
and Leighton Baines I believe we would have a solid defence.
Now the tricky part, midfield.
Would you like to see four in midfield, five? Whichever way you see it Mikel Arteta
is a must and for this game I'd like to see us play five midfielders, Mikel Arteta, Phil
Jagielka and Lee Carsley in the middle, with Leon Osman and Steven Pienaar the wide
men.

Now that leaves us one (or two) space(s) up front, take your pick. Personally I would prefer AJ
dragging us up front and you never know his goal against the barcodes might open the
floodgates for his season.
If you went for four in midfield, would you play big vic? the in form McFadden or the
recently bought £11m man Yakubu. Its a tough choice and leaving one of them out could be
seen as a knock in confidence for any.

Injuries - According to the OS http://www.evertonfc.com/match/latest-injuries.html

James Vaughan and Thomas Gravesen will not play any part, but Tim Cahill is said to
return some time in October which is any time now.

Suspensions - There are no players suspended at this time.

Everton Vs. Liverpool

evertonsept9-712149.jpg

Saturday 20th of October - Early kick off - 12:45

Last season's fixture was a game no Evertonian will ever forget, a game that will go down
in memory for a long time, it was a classic.
This time with Liverpool looking dangerous and Everton leaking goals I feel we won't
be wiping the floor with them again.
Not to say that I think they will win, I would never predict that!

This time around I think it will be a tight, passionate game, we will all have to hope for
a decent ref who can keep his cards in his pocket.
I think Tony Hibbert can be left out of this one, his rehabilitation back to the solid
utterley reliable defender he was once will not progress during this game.

With Tim Howard in net, and a back four of Phil Neville, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott
and Leighton Baines I believe we would have a solid defence.
Now the tricky part, midfield.
Would you like to see four in midfield, five? Whichever way you see it Mikel Arteta
is a must and for this game I'd like to see us play five midfielders, Mikel Arteta, Phil
Jagielka and Lee Carsley in the middle, with Leon Osman and Steven Pienaar the wide
men.

Now that leaves us one (or two) space(s) up front, take your pick. Personally I would prefer AJ
dragging us up front and you never know his goal against the barcodes might open the
floodgates for his season.
If you went for four in midfield, would you play big vic? the in form McFadden or the
recently bought £11m man Yakubu. Its a tough choice and leaving one of them out could be
seen as a knock in confidence for any.

Injuries - According to the OS http://www.evertonfc.com/match/latest-injuries.html

James Vaughan and Thomas Gravesen will not play any part, but Tim Cahill is said to
return some time in October which is any time now.

Suspensions - There are no players suspended at this time.
I agree with the 5 man midfield rob but not jagielka he is [Poor language removed] in the midfield maybe put him at centre back instead of yobo.
I fancy us to win this game especially after the international break but there will be goals.

I agree with the 5 man midfield rob but not jagielka he is [Poor language removed] in the midfield maybe put him at centre back instead of yobo.
I fancy us to win this game especially after the international break but there will be goals.

I was under the illusion that he was brought in to replace carsley over time?
I can't speak cos I don't go but is he really THAT bad that he won't get better in the future?

If he can't play in midfield then the lad is gonna struggle to get in the team until yobo buggers off to the african nations.

I was under the illusion that he was brought in to replace carsley over time?
I can't speak cos I don't go but is he really THAT bad that he won't get better in the future?

If he can't play in midfield then the lad is gonna struggle to get in the team until yobo buggers off to the african nations.
Last few games he has played in the centre of midfield he has been dire but like a lot of fans are saying he is a centre half who can play at right back and i think thats right from what i,ve seen of him.

Mmmmm.

I think what we will get for the back four is:

Howard
Hibbert - Yobo - Lescott - Baines

I wouldn't argue too much with that. Hibbo knows what the derby means. I would put Stubbs in as well, but then I can see that he makes us a bit static.

The midfield.

Again, for derby experience I would put Osman in. Carsley is for me the second choice after Arteta. So:

Arteta - Neville - Carsley - Osman

One forward up is just too few at home, even and especially if it is a derby.

Anichebe gets too riled, which is what you don't want. AJ is unlikely to be fit. So much as I think they could have a great or a poor day depending on the tides or biorhythms:

Forwards
McFadden - Yakubu

Subs: Wessels, Stubbs, Jagielka, Pienaar, Anichebe (if he is passed fit to play but hasn't played, add Cahill instead of Jags)

Anichebe should only be used as a sub when he can influence a game. He doesn't seem to have the same effect when starting a game. If AJ is crocked and out, it has to be McFadden starting with Yakubu. If the Yak starts, this could be the game where he justifies the price tag and his status in the team.

Jags looked great in midfield against Blackburn, I think he has just been having a tough time, and can flourish as the Defensive midfielder.

Back four has to be Neville - Yobo - Lescott - Baines.

Another question is where will Arteta start and where will he finish. My guess is right, left, right, left, center, left, right, center. :blink:

I'll go for a 2-1 win but I wouldn't be surprised with a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. Don't see a 0-0 draw as we've hardly been able to keep a clean sheet all year.

Think AJ would have been well up for this one. Hopefully the derby atmosphere will inspire the Yak to perform.

************Howard**********
Jagielka***Stubbs***Lescott***Baines
Arteta***Carsley**Neville***Pinaeer
*********Yak*****Mcfadden****

Play Mcfadden slightly deeper and let him build up play.

Im going for a 1-0 win.

Im going for a 1-0 win.

Note that he didn't say to which team.. ;)

Seriously though..

SInce we don't have any AM healthy and unfortunately I can still see Moyes playing with 2 DM in this game "to secure the defence" or something like that... I don't see much that points to us getting something out of this one. If we play as we've done in the last opening halfs... we're dead at halftime. Don't think there is much risk of that though since, well.. it's a derby and we always rise to the occasion. But I fear that playing with 2 DM's as we've done will give too much space for their shooters... and we know they have some good ones.

I think it will be a tight game, and if we can stand up in the first half we've got a good chance to get some points from this one. Predict 2-4 goals in this game.. 1-1, 2-2 or a 2-1 win to either team.

We could get lucky and Benitez will pick Beanpole as a striker again.. worked great last year! ;)

If i was Moyesey...

- - - - - - - Howard - - - - - - -

Jagielka - Yobo - Lescott - Baines

Arteta - Carsley - Pienaar - Mcfadden

- - - - - Anichebe - Yakubu

I want to play anichebe and mcfadden because both of them deserve to, and i also wanna play yakubu too...he might be able to start trying in the most important match of the season!

I trust Mcfadden more than osman on the wing, so play him there, besides, thats where he plasy for scotland, and look at what hes done there, also he has more space to dwell on the ball, try more skills, and not rely on the midfield to make the passes...

With Yobo's shaky form I'd put Stubbs in there and with it being a derby I think he would give it more than Yobo on this occasion.

I'd have Pienaar over Osman as he's been [Poor language removed] this year and I'd definitely field Carsley in the middle.

We're worryingly lightweight in the middle. Neville can't pass, Pienaar will get trampled on by Gerrard. And we can't even rely on our defence.

Come on Gravo/Timmy we need you.

Status
Not open for further replies.