• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Aston Villa vs Everton
vsvillaaway.jpg

23rd September 14:00

I presume Arteta and Pienaar will be back back.

Wessels
Neville-Yobo-Lescott-Baines
Pienaar-Arteta-Jagielka-McFadden
AJ-Anichebe

Don't think he will be but if Tommy is back I'd put him in instead of Faddy, and put Arteta on the wing.

We need to win this to give EVERYONE a lift. I think we'll nick it 2-1

Wessels
AJ-Anichebe

Don't think he will be but if Tommy is back I'd put him in instead of Faddy, and put Arteta on the wing.

I would only swap Yakubu for Anichebe - we need the AJ-YAK partnership to flourish. Anichebe is a lot better coming on later in the game.

Wessels
AJ-Anichebe

Would perhaps move McFadden up as an AM in front of the midfield three and place Arteta to the left. Would also play Yak & AJ up front to begin with.

Would perhaps move McFadden up as an AM in front of the midfield three and place Arteta to the left. Would also play Yak & AJ up front to begin with.
This is going to be a hard game they pass it quick and have a lot of pace with confidence being low after thursdays game i would pick a 5 man midfield and take them on the break if we go toe to toe with them they will do us.
i will go for

wessells

neville yobo stubbs lescott

arteta carsley jagielka ossie baines

aj

subs. hibbert ruddy anichebe yakubu faddy

Wessels

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Jagielka Gravo Pienaar

Yakubu AJ

Subs : Ruddy, Valente, Stubbs, Neech and Macca

Making half time oranges : Tony Hibbert

This is going to be a hard game they pass it quick and have a lot of pace with confidence being low after thursdays game i would pick a 5 man midfield and take them on the break if we go toe to toe with them they will do us.
i will go for

wessells

neville yobo stubbs lescott

arteta carsley jagielka ossie baines

aj

subs. hibbert ruddy anichebe yakubu faddy

Putting Stubbs in there is suicide - Agbonlahor and Young will walk past him. We need Yobo and Lescott to match their pace.

we need a shot in the arm right now, an away win would be the perfect thing.

Howard

Jagielka - Yobo - Lescott - Baines

Osman - Arteta - Carsley - Pienaar

McFadden - Yakubu

now yes I left AJ out but.... I think he needs a rest and get his head straight, personally I'd like to see him come on after 60, fresh aj legs versus the tired villa ones.

Howard

McFadden - Yakubu

now yes I left AJ out but.... I think he needs a rest and get his head straight, personally I'd like to see him come on after 60, fresh aj legs versus the tired villa ones.
You could be right a complete change of the attacking line-up after 60 min. Anichebe and AJ. Bloody hell I would hate being a Villa defender:D

Putting Stubbs in there is suicide - Agbonlahor and Young will walk past him. We need Yobo and Lescott to match their pace.
We need stubbs for carew cos if he flicks the ball on they will cause us some problems with their pace and for me he never lets us down,he is also a voice on the pitch and we missed that on thursday.

Howard

McFadden - Yakubu

You could be right there Rob, bring AJ on fresh and let him run at them with their tired legs.

Although saying that, I think AJ is now at rock bottom so can only get better. I think all he needs is one lucky goal and his confidence will slowly come back.

This is gonna be a tricky game, I'd be happy with a point, but we can win it with some luck and skill, but put on a performance like last night and we'd also quite easily loose it too.

Anyone know if Grav will be available for the game? I assume Arteta will be back as DM hoped to have him last night.

Couldn't give you a lineup as I really don't know who's healthy and who's not but suffice it to say but what we put out on Sunday should be a bit better than what we had out last night.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw or 2-1 Everton win.

dropping aj would be seen as punishment and further knock his confidence.

.............howard
neville.yobo..lescott.baines
arteta.cars.gravesen.valente
......mcfadden..johnson

........Wessels
hibbert junkiet(w.e his name is) carsley nunovalente
VDM anichebe Howard
Scholes Torres

That is my gues for the squad against villa

Status
Not open for further replies.