Newcastle United vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welton Toffee

Player Valuation: £40m
Newcastle United vs Everton

efc__1167502340_vic-goal-300.jpg

Sunday 7th of October k/o 3pm

Well, the first league match after our epic European tie sees us travel north. The big question is, will Vic start instead of Yakubu?...

Sunday 7th of October k/o 3pm

*BIG FANCY GRAPHIC THING*

Well, the first league match after our epic European tie sees us travel north. The big question is, will Vic start instead of Yakubu?...

...or will AJ be back in the squad? I want to see AJ and Faddy see if that works. Anichebe is great coming off the bench though.

I don't think so; we bought Yakubu to score goals, not for his workrate, and he needs to be on the pitch to score goals.

Victor is still an impact player in my view, great coming off the bench to harry tired defenders. His day will come, but Sunday isn't it.

i wonder if yakubu anichebe leading the line might bring the best out of the yak. anichebe certainly makes things happen and can create space with headers and what not. newcastle have a less than convincing defence also.

Our defence - particularly Yoko Yobo - will need to do a lot better against Martins and Viduka than they did against mentalists.

Biggest conondrum for me is how the defence will line up - i'd like super Lee Carsley to come back into the side for jagielka, with Baines and hibbo at full backs. Dunno if Stubbs will make it - another game might be asking a bit much. Neville must be due a rest soon too?

They've got a good few injuries at the moment, so its there for the taking, but I think a lot depends on how knackered the lads are after last nights exertions. I'm goosed just from watching it on telly.

Unfortunately no Barton to boo, he's too busy nursing his toe and - wierdly -claiming the credit for Man Citeh's performance this season. So glad we didnt buy that plonker

I'd have:

------------Howard
Hibbert--Stubbs--Lescott--Baines

Pienaar--Carsley--Arteta--AVM

-----McFadden--Yakubu

B: Wessells, AJ, Osman, Jagielka, Neville

I feel some dread before this game.. mostly due to their strikers and our wavering defence. If we play like we did in the first half against Boro and against Metalist.. we might face ourselves being 2-3 goals behind before halftime. Feels like a loss coming up when you add the fact that our team have spent this day to get back to England after a late game yesterday.

It looks like Moyes need to have the halftime blastoff at the team for them to show some steel in the backfour and to start playing.

...............Howard.............
Neville..Yobo..Lescott..Baines
...............Carsley..............
Pienaar.....................Arteta
................McFadden..........
.......Yakubu......AJ (if fit).....

Subs: Wessel, Jagielka, Stubbs, Osman, Anichebe (Hibbert if AJ is injured)

I feel some dread before this game.. mostly due to their strikers and our wavering defence. If we play like we did in the first half against Boro and against Metalist.. we might face ourselves being 2-3 goals behind before halftime.

Tend to agree. We really do need to up the anti on our last few games or I cant see us getting a result.

I dont know BlueWiz, I reckon they'll be full of confidence for this next match. If we'd have got knocked out to Metalist we'd have been an embarrasement througout europe, and the players knew that so the pressure I think got to them, just look at Artetas performance to see that. Now knowing they will definitely have a european run, some of the pressure will be off the players.

It will be tough to beat newcastle, but I see at least a draw. Lets not forget we're 5th in the premier league, just got into the group stage of the UEFA cup and have won three matches in a row. Look at it from their point of view, I bet their thinking this will be a tough one to get any points from.

Owen might be out and even if he's in then he cant be at 100%, Barton is out and their mid table have been quite average.

My prediction 0-1 to the Blues.

Well one thing is for sure, our defense needs to take it up a few notches. We've been quite "un-Everton" like in letting goals in.

Well one thing is for sure, our defense needs to take it up a few notches. We've been quite "un-Everton" like in letting goals in.

I think its just a confidence thing again. With Baines coming in, as good as he is he does like to get forward a bit and leave the left flank sometimes exposed, and Hibbert returning to full time play this season, I just think the form has been knocked out a bit.

Their all top quality defenders though, with a few clean sheets and learning to hold that line together, what a defence we have in:
Hibbert---Yobo---Lescott---Baines

Their all still really young, fast, good tacklers athletic and have good footballing brains, but other than Lescott, their are all prone to the odd mistake or two too. With more experience playing together they will be one of the best in the league no doubt.

- - - - - - - Howard

Hibbert - Yobo - Stubbs - Lescott

Arteta - Carsley - Pienaar - Baines

- - - - Anichebe - Mcfadden

Bench - Wessels, Jagielka, Neville, Osman, Yakubu

Lescott is better at left back imo, and baines is better than osman opn the left wing, Anichebe has a good record against newcastle and he deserves to play anyway, same with mcfadden.

- - - - - - - Howard

Hibbert - Yobo - Stubbs - Lescott

Arteta - Carsley - Pienaar - Baines

- - - - Anichebe - Mcfadden

Bench - Wessels, Jagielka, Neville, Osman, Yakubu

Lescott is better at left back imo, and baines is better than osman opn the left wing, Anichebe has a good record against newcastle and he deserves to play anyway, same with mcfadden.

where is AJ. We can't write him off the team. I would start him with Faddy as Anichebe is more useful coming off the bench (wreaks havoc on the defense) which would help us later on in the game. Let AJ and Faddy each get a hat trick, then Anichebe come on for either of them and score his own hat trick. Final score 18-0. As lescott,arteta, and pienaar also get hat tricks.

where is AJ. We can't write him off the team. I would start him with Faddy as Anichebe is more useful coming off the bench (wreaks havoc on the defense) which would help us later on in the game. Let AJ and Faddy each get a hat trick, then Anichebe come on for either of them and score his own hat trick. Final score 18-0. As lescott,arteta, and pienaar also get hat tricks.

injured isnt he? if he isnt id play him and mcfadden upfront, and bring anichebe on in the 60th minute no later than 70th...

o and the score 3-2 imo to us...a high scoring game...

Arteta (19)
Lescott (70)
Anichebe (89)

and owen 2 goals for them :)

were gonna win!!

Sorry but I'm not quite ready to throw Yakubu under the bus just yet.

Funny as after all the Yakubu bashing, I expected to see very little or nothing at all of Yakubu in the Metalist highlights on Everton TV.

On the contrary, and much to my surprise, he was involved quite a bit in some of our attacking plays (none that led to goals however.)

McFadden obviously starts, that's a no brainer. If AJ is healthy, I say he starts only because he's a bit more rested than Yak.

I don't have a problem with Anichebe coming off the bench since he's been effective for us in that role and has produced in that role.

So Yakubu may in fact be the odd man out in the Newcastle game but if AJ isn't ready, I'd start McFadden with Yakubu and continue with Anichebe's success as a "super sub" for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.