January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Bobby wont do any "big" moves now. He doesnt want to change balance/chemistry too much, mainly cause of European tour. Can see one or two squad fillers - Average Joes

I do not expect much transfer activity in January. Even if we had unlimited funds I think that we no longer need to sign average players to bolster
a lopsided or weak squad.
We have a strong squad and we have an academy with some very talented youngster who appear to have a bright future ahead of them.
When we sign a player he needs to be at least as good as what we have and preferably better , generally speaking the better players are not made available by their clubs in January with the possible exception of players whose contracts are on the verge of running out.

We don't need to add five or six players to the squad, but we do need two , maybe three very good players.
A goalkeeper...possibly
A new centrehalf....maybe.
A good,strong,pacy,powerful winger...definitely
A creative no. 10...imo , definitely.

It depends on what the manager really thinks about Robles, Browning and a couple of other youngsters.
I want to see quality added, the days of needing quantity are gone....for now.

The problem with the youth is that we don't really have a lot coming through in wide/forward positions that look good enough while we are overstocked in other areas namely centre midfield and left back.

Perhaps Henen will make it or possibly someone else but I think we need a wide player at the very least.

3 strikers of which one is 35 and the other coming back from long term. only naismith as experienced back up. This leaves a lot of pressure on lukaku come the end of the season with potentially more europa games on top. Another striker needed in my opinion.

Not sure mate to be honest. Could be that.

We're not a rich club, so it's probably a gradual process of getting rid of the old guard. Won't happen all at once.

I know what you mean but I just feel with distan playing as bad as he is I would just play browning while we wait for stones to come back. I would rather see a young player making mistakes and becoming better for it then a older player making mistakes because he is finished.

martinez has this reputation for bringing youth through but it seems to me since he has been here he has only played youth players when he has been forced to.

Yeah I know. I really am starting to worry the martinez is becoming to loyal to certain players to drop them, a habit I was hopeing left this club with moyes.

yeah, i sort of get this feeling regarding the older players, but we should remember that he dropped distin completely from matchday squads because of poor form and he'll probably be dropped again on saturday. he's only been playing lately when we've had literally no other CB's. in his defence of not dropping howard, robles is hardly the guy to inspire confidence so far, even if i would have given him a go myself.

I know what you mean but I just feel with distan playing as bad as he is I would just play browning while we wait for stones to come back. I would rather see a young player making mistakes and becoming better for it then a older player making mistakes because he is finished.

martinez has this reputation for bringing youth through but it seems to me since he has been here he has only played youth players when he has been forced to.

:eek: ??? forced to play barkley in his first game in charge? forced to sign a 21 year old lukaku instead of an experienced striker. forced to play stones ahead of plenty of defenders?

I'm not a big watcher of La Liga but I read that Cerci has only played 3 games all season... Any chance of getting him on loan? Exactly what we need

Status
Not open for further replies.