Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, i was HUGELY against this transfer. And for people who said 'well who could forget how he ruined our defence' well, so did Jelavic against others that first 6 months. Am i happy with people slating him? No, because literally nothing good can come out of him being injured. He may be a drain on the wages, a bad transfer, blahblahblah. But he's still an Everton player. I want nothing more out of any player than for them to do well for my team.

Meh, he still has 18 months left, come on Kone, take a year off completely and just BOSS the last 6 months to win the whole thing!
Defo, I'll be made up if we get anything from him like. I do fear his professional career is cabaged.

Everton: doing moody signings since 1878.

And that is what frightens me too. I mean, it can happen with ANY player you sign, they play 6 matches and they injure themselves in a freak accident. Being proven wrong is what i excel at. Seriously, i cant be right about Kone, because if i am....i mean, if i AM, then this world is D00MED!

(i was team Vitor, team 'NOT JAMES [Poor language removed] MCCARTHY' and team 'we're getting relegated'. Oddly enough tho, i was ALSO team 'i dont care if we spend our transfer kitty for the next 3 windows, Lukaku is a purchase you HAVE to make'.)

And that is what frightens me too. I mean, it can happen with ANY player you sign, they play 6 matches and they injure themselves in a freak accident. Being proven wrong is what i excel at. Seriously, i cant be right about Kone, because if i am....i mean, if i AM, then this world is D00MED!

(i was team Vitor, team 'NOT JAMES [Poor language removed] MCCARTHY' and team 'we're getting relegated'. Oddly enough tho, i was ALSO team 'i dont care if we spend our transfer kitty for the next 3 windows, Lukaku is a purchase you HAVE to make'.)

Barkley, Stones, Coleman and McCarthy was out for a wee while at the same time lid. I'm hoping the Gods have smited us enough.

despite what martinez saying, staff apparently not confident on a proper return for him.

Won't be the same player as he was before he came to us, to say the least. IF he manages to get back properly.

despite what martinez saying, staff apparently not confident on a proper return for him.

Won't be the same player as he was before he came to us, to say the least. IF he manages to get back properly.
A mutual contract cancellation seems the best thing all round. We give him the chance to get another contract elsewhere and he jumps off our wage bill. Surely the guy has ambition, and also knows with Lukaku, Eto'o and Naisy around he's not gonna get much of a chance. Shouldn't have been so appalling in his limited appearances thus far. Get him gone ffs.

get the insurance and be done with it , at his age if it affects him as some are saying it will be money down the drain keeping him on the books.

Does anyone know how the insurance works in these cases? If I can't do my job for as long as he has been out I would be on SSP and reliant on any cover I'd taken out myself to make up my wages. Not sure what the club can protect itself against in terms of recovering an element of a transfer fee though, as players don't have any value in terms of the accounts do they?

Whenever I watched him for Wigan he was great. Brilliant hold up and link up play. Never had a chance here, crying shame if he doesn't make it back. Hope he does.

Does anyone know how the insurance works in these cases? If I can't do my job for as long as he has been out I would be on SSP and reliant on any cover I'd taken out myself to make up my wages. Not sure what the club can protect itself against in terms of recovering an element of a transfer fee though, as players don't have any value in terms of the accounts do they?

Getting the insurance money could take a year or two.

In the dean ashton case it took 4 years due to third party liability and West Ham had to sue England/FA

Here it may be complicated in that he can play and has played for the reserves.

This means getting an insurance pay out will not be as simple as some believe

Shame but Kone now challenges Per Kroldrup as the worst value signing in the history of EFC :(

it is 100% a worse signing, we got money back on Kroldrup, we were never going to get the money back for Kone even if he played every game.

It was a terrible signing to begin with. Spending £5m on a 29 year old who was never good enough to lead the line for us was foolish. You have to laugh about the age wasn't an issue with his injuries as well, he's done his cruciate before and was out for most of a season and another time he was out for over 3 months with a knee injury. Therefore how can anyone be surprised when he suffers not 1 but 2 knee injuries at our club.

When you look at it signing a backup forward for a deal totalling ~ £10m when we are not going to get much back if anything at the end of his 3 year deal was always going to be poor business.

The last statement from Martinez sounds like he has a cut off point in mind on Kone: “I expect him to be fully fit by January and by that I mean match fit. He is going to be involved in 11-a-sides behind closed doors this week to build him up again and he will be fully fit in January."

That reads like a last chance saloon comment. I'm sure Martinez feels responsible for the cash spent on him so far and has given him every opportunity to get back. I can understand him giving Kone a little more time, but after that it's just throwing good money after bad. Hard lines for the player, but needs must I'm afraid. We've been left short handed for way, way too long up front. Time to get ruthless on this now. If he isn't back by January we need to be bringing a replacement in even before Kone can be shuffled off the payroll.

it is 100% a worse signing, we got money back on Kroldrup, we were never going to get the money back for Kone even if he played every game.

It was a terrible signing to begin with. Spending £5m on a 29 year old who was never good enough to lead the line for us was foolish. You have to laugh about the age wasn't an issue with his injuries as well, he's done his cruciate before and was out for most of a season and another time he was out for over 3 months with a knee injury. Therefore how can anyone be surprised when he suffers not 1 but 2 knee injuries at our club.

When you look at it signing a backup forward for a deal totalling ~ £10m when we are not going to get much back if anything at the end of his 3 year deal was always going to be poor business.
Yep. 100% this. I was horrified at the signing at the time and still cannot believe now that so much money has been wasted on him. Awful player.

Status
Not open for further replies.