Everton. I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like being married to a bi-polar spouse. And you're like super Catholic and can't ever get divorced. And their bi-polarity has made you bi-polar too, where you get super happy during the good times and super depressed during the [Poor language removed] weekends, which are 100% caused by your bi-polar spouse. They are completely in control of your emotions, and you are just trying to hang on until sweet death comes and takes you to peace.

The thing is, I always thought when I grew up it would all stop.

That it would become less central to my life as I grew older and had responsibilities.

Divil the bit.

Monday mornings in school were either depression or euphoria depending on Saturday's result.

Monday mornings at college were the same.

Then I entered the workforce and it was exactly the same.

Now I am in semi retirement and down here on the Algarve for a few weeks and my poor old wife has been walking on eggshells round me all day today because she knows I might go off on one :(

This is no kind of a life for nobody :mad:

The thing is, I always thought when I grew up it would all stop.

That it would become less central to my life as I grew older and had responsibilities.

Divil the bit.

Monday mornings in school were either depression or euphoria depending on Saturday's result.

Monday mornings at college were the same.

Then I entered the workforce and it was exactly the same.

Now I am in semi retirement and down here on the Algarve for a few weeks and my poor old wife has been walking on eggshells round me all day today because she knows I might go off on one :(

This is no kind of a life for nobody :mad:

My coping mechanism is to pretend it never happened. It's easier for me here in the States as I'm not surrounded by footie mad mates reminding me of it every 2 seconds. It helps. I don't look at the table again until we win again. I don't watch Match of the Day. I swerve the Everton forum on here for the most part.

I'm still fuming, but I'm not cutting myself just yet. Fecking Palace AGAIN!!!

It's like being married to a bi-polar spouse. And you're like super Catholic and can't ever get divorced. And their bi-polarity has made you bi-polar too, where you get super happy during the good times and super depressed during the [Poor language removed] weekends, which are 100% caused by your bi-polar spouse. They are completely in control of your emotions, and you are just trying to hang on until sweet death comes and takes you to peace.

My spouse gave me Everton.

I'm deeply grateful.

There's such a fine line between love and hate,and Everton epitomise this!Going to the game knowing the RS/Mancs and Spurs had all lost,a great opportunity for us to kick on and yet again the barstewards let us down big time,I could have done a Besic style massacre coming out of the ground afterwards,but it passes!;)

My coping mechanism is to pretend it never happened. It's easier for me here in the States as I'm not surrounded by footie mad mates reminding me of it every 2 seconds. It helps. I don't look at the table again until we win again. I don't watch Match of the Day. I swerve the Everton forum on here for the most part.

I'm still fuming, but I'm not cutting myself just yet. Fecking Palace AGAIN!!!

This !

This is the upside of living in another country. When we lose and things are not so great, i'm not getting the piss ripped out of me every minute. I can go to work on a Monday and its the same atmosphere as it was on Friday, nothing changed. Sure i get the odd txt here and there from my mates back home but for the most part, its swerved and i can easily forget things.

The downside of living in another country, is that i cannot go to the games on a regular basis anymore. This is painful.

This !

This is the upside of living in another country. When we lose and things are not so great, i'm not getting the piss ripped out of me every minute. I can go to work on a Monday and its the same atmosphere as it was on Friday, nothing changed. Sure i get the odd txt here and there from my mates back home but for the most part, its swerved and i can easily forget things.

The downside of living in another country, is that i cannot go to the games on a regular basis anymore. This is painful.

Then there's the other side of the coin. Knowing you've beat a rival and going into work and just smiling smarmily at the lad who was giving out to you last season when they turned us over. It's like in How I Met Your Mother when Marshall torments Barney by potentially slapping him at any time. They want you to gloat, to get it over and done with, but nay, you smile silently at them, and say things like 'what's up mate' and 'no idea what you're on about' and then after a few hours of silence just go...'so did you watch the game.'

Bet you wish you could do that.

At least living in the North East means that they've got enough to worry about without them ribbing me...

I can't wait until we play Sunderland and Newcastle, like.

If we smash them, my life will be pretty sweet. The GOT mug will be on getting an extra few fills those days, just to keep it on show.

Bit dramatic.
I think where the damage is done; is that you know our next 2 league games are tough. Double that up with the fact that results went our way (rivals), yesterday was a very very tough pill to swallow. Infact its still stuck in my throat.

Dramatic ? everyone is different and i'm about as dramatic over a result as they come. I had plans to go out to dinner last night with a group of friends. Some mexican food and a few beers. I swerved that and replaced it with a rented movie. The result left me fuming so much that i didn't want to be around friends. I simply couldn't be arsed.

Right, you blue bastards. You have done fook all to re-kindle my love for you this week. If you don't turn up and spank those horrible, slimey, arrogant, jumped up shower of sh1tehawks tomorrow then I'm filing for divorce.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BITCH.

COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.