Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
who the heck is our number 9??
efc__1401890040_kone.jpg

I get the feeling we didn't pay and won't pay 28 million for him. I think it's a bit strange that Chelsea have come out and said they feel selling Lukaku will ensure they meet FFP. I wouldn't be surprised if the 28 million figure is (for us anyway) a worst case scenario and Chelsea have asked us to say that to help them out. It's not often we disclose a transfer fee and for the past week the most anyone has mentioned is 24 million. I know there was reports of 30 million but it's just a thought. Anyway get in!!!!!!!!!

Well, we saw with Liverpool how a truly woeful squad with one talisman and one or two half decent players up front can go close.

You never know - with a focal point like this and a genuinely very good squad behind him, you just never know. Unlikelier things have happened.

True. We'd need to be incredibly lucky with injuries and for Barkley and Lukaku to be on fire though. City had a lot of injuries themselves last season and still won it and they've strengthened again. Chelsea were missing a top striker and have bought in Costa and Fabregas for extra firepower.

It's great to have something to get carried away over for a change though.

I get the feeling we didn't pay and won't pay 28 million for him. I think it's a bit strange that Chelsea have come out and said they feel selling Lukaku will ensure they meet FFP. I wouldn't be surprised if the 28 million figure is (for us anyway) a worst case scenario and Chelsea have asked us to say that to help them out. It's not often we disclose a transfer fee and for the past week the most anyone has mentioned is 24 million. I know there was reports of 30 million but it's just a thought. Anyway get in!!!!!!!!!

It's £28m - the club wouldn't/can't publicly lie about that. It's not even undisclosed.

Yes, it may be in instalments, but it's definitely £28m.

It's £28m - the club wouldn't/can't publicly lie about that. It's not even undisclosed.

Yes, it may be in instalments, but it's definitely £28m.

To be fair mate I'm happy to pay the amount, I just thought it was a bit strange Chelsea saying that. Who cares anyway, he's ours! Mmmmmmwwwwwhahahaha

Such a great mentality on the lad, handles interviews really well and has great ambition but humble and seems honest.

Also superb trolling with the plane picture upload... just gets it doesn't he?!

Very, very happy with this!

Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, McCarthy, Stones......5 of the best young players in the league signed up long term....add to that Baines & Barry....and hopefully Besic proves a bargain buy!....lots of potential coming through the youth academy too...

Happy days Blues!....

Status
Not open for further replies.