Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will his diagonal passes be as important under Bobby's style? W defenitily don't hit the wingers as much.

Don't get me wrong I've seen Barry play a few cross field passes but him and McCarthy, especially McCarthy, don't spot runs and execute the pass as quick as what Gibson can IMO.

And I know Martinez likes the team to keep the ball but I don't think he'll mind a player like Gibson trying to switch the play and get us on the counter with a quick diagonal into the channels.

He will improve the quickness of our attacks as his first thought when receiving the ball from the back is to go forward, to play forwards and that's what I really like about him and what I think will make a difference to us as no offence to either Barry or McCarthy, there good and different players in there own right but they don't have the same passing range and speed of thought when it comes to seeing a pass and executing it as quick as what Gibbo can for me.

Why anybody would want Gibson to be sold I don't know. You probably forget he is only 26, compared to Barry who is 33. Hopefully he will get over his injury problems and no doubt be a massive player for us, him+ McCarthy will be perfect.

He was never the most mobile and it's not the most important part of his game but if he can't get round the pitch it'll put a lot of pressure on McCarthy.

Hopefully he'll get back to his best and we've got three quality CM's for a tilt at Europe!

RM said earlier in the season the the hoped Gibson would make it back before the end of the season, I heard recently he is training with the team but will he be back for the last games?

RM said earlier in the season the the hoped Gibson would make it back before the end of the season, I heard recently he is training with the team but will he be back for the last games?
a week away from training with the full squad? thats what Martinez said in the presser

Gibson was previously our best midfielder and the man who made us tick.

Pleasing that when he returns to the team he's got real competition for that title. Get Barry signed permanently and we have some really tasty options in the middle of the park.

Martinez seems to have made the whole 'squad' thing look pretty simple. I feel like we've got plenty of options on the bench now, which we rarely ever had with Moyes.

a week away from training with the full squad? thats what Martinez said in the presser

A right, thanks, I didn't catch the press conference.
Probably won't make it back to match fitness in before Hull I guess. Not worried about midfield anyway of course but good to have back up.

I almost forgot about Gibson until Martinez's press conference (of which are now a must watch for me, they never used to me) he was superb last season at times and we could do with that competition for places. We've been very lucky not to get any suspensions or injuries to Barry or McCarthy so we haven't missed him as badly as we could have done.

Assuming Lukaku stays, I can see him benefiting hugely from Gibbo's ability to spot a pass, especially when he drifts out wide on the right to cut inside....

Spot on this.

Lukaku's wee barren spell coincided with a period where he was getting the ball with his back to goal all the time. Through balls that Gibson can spot and play will be bread and butter to him.

If he stays like.

Status
Not open for further replies.