Players you'd take from the relegated teams?

Brownhill and Mee from Burnley. Dyche knows them, good injury records, out of contract, etc. We need to fill the squad out and they tick of short-term boxes.

Barkley is one I actually don't think will happen. We're not a possession team and he's hopeless off the ball, something Dyche doesn't tolerate. Plus he's likely to want a decent wage, something he shouldn't be getting even if weren't skint. Would love that striker though.

Only player from Sheffield we should maybe have a punt on is that Brererton-Diaz. They took him on loan from Villareal in Jan and he has bagged a few. Least he'd be a different option.

There isn't really anyone else. Simply the worst bottom 3 the PL has ever seen.
Doesn't Mee play for Brentford? lol

Brownhill and Mee from Burnley. Dyche knows them, good injury records, out of contract, etc. We need to fill the squad out and they tick of short-term boxes.

Barkley is one I actually don't think will happen. We're not a possession team and he's hopeless off the ball, something Dyche doesn't tolerate. Plus he's likely to want a decent wage, something he shouldn't be getting even if weren't skint. Would love that striker though.

Only player from Sheffield we should maybe have a punt on is that Brererton-Diaz. They took him on loan from Villareal in Jan and he has bagged a few. Least he'd be a different option.

There isn't really anyone else. Simply the worst bottom 3 the PL has ever seen.
I wouldn't put Luton down as a possession team and Barkley has been their best player all season. I get the off the ball thing with him, but his passing and creativity is something we don't have, especially with Gomes leaving. He'd be a different option for us in the false 9 Doucoure position. I'd take him at Everton.

Last edited:
Signing Barkley would be a disaster. He's obviously good enough to improve us, but one misplaced pass would bring the wrath of the boo boys and destroy his confidence. I think we should take a few of those Man City players when they get relegated to the conference. They could do a job.

Barkley would be a terrible fit for Dyche. Besides, it would only take him bottling one challenge and people would be frothing at the mouth.

I could see Sambi Lokonga being available to us on loan if Arsenal go after Onana.

Not seen much of him but he must be busy playing next to Barkley each week.

Absolutely nobody… we need winners !!!
Andy Gray got relegated with Wolves and Peter Reid got relegated with Bolton, but Kendall signed them both. Losing teams contain winners just like winning teams contain losers, but during our period of profligacy we’ve tended to blow our money on the latter. I’d be delighted if we now targeted the former instead. We need more Gana Gueyes, not more Morgan Schneiderlins.

Doesn't Mee play for Brentford? lol
Yes, though he is out of contract this summer. That said, he'll be 35 in September and I can't imagine we'd want to sign another defender of that age. Can you imagine Coleman, Young, Tark and Mee (if Branthwaite is sold). Good grief, oldest back 4 ever. We should let Young go and have Coleman move to Dyche's coaching staff and then sign some younger talent.

Yes, though he is out of contract this summer. That said, he'll be 35 in September and I can't imagine we'd want to sign another defender of that age. Can you imagine Coleman, Young, Tark and Mee (if Branthwaite is sold). Good grief, oldest back 4 ever. We should let Young go and have Coleman move to Dyche's coaching staff and then sign some younger talent.
Defo a decent squad player. And we will need them…