2023/24 Sean Dyche

Compared to Messi's? Yes.

its different depending on what you want to measure

Who’s got a better heading technique? Ronaldo

Who’s got a more powerful shot? Ronaldo

Who’s got better finishing with their weaker foot? Ronaldo

Who’s the more natural striker in terms of movement in the 6 yard box to score? Ronaldo

There is a reason he won all the Ballon D’ors

Messi is probably the best player I’ve ever seen but Ronaldo’s technique cannot be described as terrible compared to him.

Either way it’s certainly no indicator of Dyche’s managerial style because he said he preferred Ronaldo. A load of football people past and present have answers the same way given that question. Doesn’t mean they prefer physicality over technique.

Who’s the more natural striker in terms of movement in the 6 yard box to score? Ronaldo

Messi is probably the best player I’ve ever seen but Ronaldo’s technique cannot be described as terrible compared to him.

Either way it’s certainly no indicator of Dyche’s managerial style because he said he preferred Ronaldo. A load of football people past and present have answers the same way given that question. Doesn’t mean they prefer physicality over technique.

You seem to be deeply affected by my opinion it was so obvious Dyche would prefer Ronaldo to Messi.

You seem to be deeply affected by my opinion it was so obvious Dyche would prefer Ronaldo to Messi.

Not really, but it’s hardly the most outrageous opinion in football is it? It’s literally been THE debate in football for about the last 15 years. I don’t know how you’ve managed to extrapolate that to Dyche’s managerial style.

Not really, but it’s hardly the most outrageous opinion in football is it? It’s literally been THE debate in football for about the last 15 years. I don’t know how you’ve managed to extrapolate that to Dyche’s managerial style.

Hard working, no frills, boring football, eats gravel for breakfast Dyche deciding who is better:

The less talented, greater athlete in Ronaldo or the best football player to ever live.

It was a shock to see him pick for the former that's for sure.

Hard working, no frills, boring football, eats gravel for breakfast Dyche deciding who is better:

The less talented, greater athlete in Ronaldo or the best football player to ever live.

It was a shock to see him pick for the former that's for sure.

Right, ok, 🙃

I once saw a table comparing Ronaldo’s conversion from shooting and he was way down the stats so just took a look at him vs Messi, that table shows Messi a 1 in 5 conversion, with Ronaldo with a 1 in 6. Ronaldo undoubtedly superior in the air, and from distance and obviously more physical as well as having done it in different leagues but Messi undoubtedly overall the better player (imo) in terms of technique, two footedness, footballing IQ, creativity etc.

I once saw a table comparing Ronaldo’s conversion from shooting and he was way down the stats so just took a look at him vs Messi, that table shows Messi a 1 in 5 conversion, with Ronaldo with a 1 in 6. Ronaldo undoubtedly superior in the air, and from distance and obviously more physical as well as having done it in different leagues but Messi undoubtedly overall the better player (imo) in terms of technique, two footedness, footballing IQ, creativity etc.

I’m not arguing Messi wasnt better than Ronaldo.

Im saying it’s not a very controversial opinion for someone to prefer Ronaldo seeing as it’s been the biggest debate in football for the past 15 years.

I’m not arguing Messi wasnt better than Ronaldo.

Im saying it’s not a very controversial opinion for someone to prefer Ronaldo seeing as it’s been the biggest debate in football for the past 15 years.
Yeah I’m not saying you were, I was just commenting…..you are right it has been an ongoing debate for a decade or so, reflected in the number of Ballon D’or wins for each.

Matches like last night certainly won't give anyone the belief that he's the right man to move the style of play forward.

That was a horrible watch and for once we actually had options on the bench. But, he still deserves a huge amount of credit as we've got the results required to stay up another season.

It'll be interesting to see if a takeover does happen if they stick or twist and bring someone else in.

Matches like last night certainly won't give anyone the belief that he's the right man to move the style of play forward.

That was a horrible watch and for once we actually had options on the bench. But, he still deserves a huge amount of credit as we've got the results required to stay up another season.

It'll be interesting to see if a takeover does happen if they stick or twist and bring someone else in.

How many times have we said that this season?