2023/24 Amadou Onana

I posted a few months back about how I didn't see an awful lot in what he does and was he better 'in real life' so to speak? A few lids who actually go to the game said wtte 'he looks better in the flesh' ie i am missing stuff being a telly clapper.

He'll probably be ace surrounded by De Bruyne types, as would we all, but I wish I could be devastated about him possibly leaving, but I'm just not arsed.

I posted a few months back about how I didn't see an awful lot in what he does and was he better 'in real life' so to speak? A few lids who actually go to the game said wtte 'he looks better in the flesh' ie i am missing stuff being a telly clapper.

He'll probably be ace surrounded by De Bruyne types, as would we all, but I wish I could be devastated about him possibly leaving, but I'm just not arsed.

You get the feeling he thinks that aswell. And its a matter of when not if that he goes.

Fingers crossed he does well with Belgium in the summer and we can reasonably ask 60m. Purely on performances for us we'd be lucky to turn a profit.

I do think he'll improve a lot with better players, but just doesn't offer that much for us in the here and now, or at least not much that we can't source a lot cheaper/don'talready have (given our financial ruin).

Fingers crossed he does well with Belgium in the summer and we can reasonably ask 60m. Purely on performances for us we'd be lucky to turn a profit.

I do think he'll improve a lot with better players, but just doesn't offer that much for us in the here and now, or at least not much that we can't source a lot cheaper/don'talready have (given our financial ruin).

We wont be "lucky to turn a profit".

We should be doubling our money on him.

The way Dyche uses his midfielders we'd probably never see the best of Onana. You can see him being told to stop / get back whenever he has the ball and is moving forwards.

A fit Ndidi would probably suit the Dyche style of play more and the cash could be banked or used in other areas.

I've never rated him, I just don't get the hype but if we sell him for what were supposed to be selling him for. Then I guess i'm wrong
You're neither right nor wrong. He doesn't look great in a hugely limited Everton team but you can tell that he'll look a lot better with better players around him. We should get £60 - £80 million for him depending how many clubs are interested. Once we've payed his last club that should give us £25 - £45 million profit on his residual value.

We wont be "lucky to turn a profit".

We should be doubling our money on him.

The way Dyche uses his midfielders we'd probably never see the best of Onana. You can see him being told to stop / get back whenever he has the ball and is moving forwards.

A fit Ndidi would probably suit the Dyche style of play more and the cash could be banked or used in other areas.
Bit puzzled here who during a match is telling him to stop and go backwards when he has the ball during a game

Bit puzzled here who during a match is telling him to stop and go backwards when he has the ball during a game
It's Dyche, we had a passing movement going during that game last night, few passes around the edge of the box, no threat from Luton, just movement between the CB and CM and you can hear him screaming at them to boot it long up the pitch. It really is alehouse stuff at times, he says he would like to change it so lets see what happens during the summer.

Agreed. You look at Chong and Barkley in that Luton side and they look streets ahead of the general mediocrity. To me it looks like Onana is already sold. Would sooner him go, with a few of our high earners coming to the end of their contracts too, and then Branthwaite kept for another year or two. Playing staff wise, we should be starting to look in excellent nick wage wise, as obviously we will soon be low on numbers.

Just need to sort the takeover/debt management so we know what we have to shuffle around and bring in player wise. The sooner the better so we have a settled pre-season.

You would hope anyway. I reckon the circus will continue and disrupt the pre-season and into the start of the next.

Agreed. You look at Chong and Barkley in that Luton side and they look streets ahead of the general mediocrity. To me it looks like Onana is already sold. Would sooner him go, with a few of our high earners coming to the end of their contracts too, and then Branthwaite kept for another year or two. Playing staff wise, we should be starting to look in excellent nick wage wise, as obviously we will soon be low on numbers.
Would explain why he is on the bench, no risk of him getting injured, just some minutes here and there at the moment to keep a bit of fitness. It wouldn't surprise me if a deal is lined up tbh.

Reminds me of a latter day Paul Pogba. Massive hype but never really played to the expectations around him.

He's had less than 5 good games in 60+ games. Very lucky we didn't have him in the side for the last few games as it's likely he would have hid again. Good luck to him in future but our first priority has to be selling him in the summer.

Have seen glimpses of what he's capable of. Glimpses of him picking up the ball and marauding with it into the final third.

But he's not showing it anywhere near enough. Just not sure what is is. Confidence issue? Management? I dunno.

Either way I think given our money issues he's probably out the door