The Four Months Though Lads - Worse than Mike Walker

13 League games.

An Everton Premier League record, you can argue with yourself about what denotes a month.

View attachment 255095

Record breaker!!!

Anyway, stick a fork in this season, its over.

See you again next season for Dyche Walker, Revenge of the Pitch.
Best away run of wins according to that site too… he’s the best manager in the werld
Agree with all of this except Allardyce.

Whether people like him or not, Allardyce improved us in the time he was with us. We were battling relegation before he came (some fans like to say we were 13th I think it was when he actually took over) but we ended up 8th.
To honest though, the team wasn’t great but had sig, Rooney, and Walcott all about 60%.
All would have improved this team.

I don't quite follow the line of thinking here.

This awful winless run exists, yes. Not denying that. But look at it within the context of the season as a whole, and comparing this season with last season.

Last season's points and league position were WORSE than this season. But we didn't experience a lengthy winless run, so does that mean last season was better overall? I would say that emphatically it was not.

If the price of finishing ten to fifteen points better than last season is a longer winless run than anything we saw last season, sign me up. Who wouldn't take that? I don't get it.
With you 100%.
This is most poorly invested squad in living memory. Even in walkers time we were spending big on Amo, Ferguson and Vinny samways. They were all top tier transfer fees for the time.
It stands to reason that it was a bad run, but mainly to top half teams, including some decent draws.

I doubt there is another period in the premier league history or beyond where we have had negative net spend.

Surely it seems likely that some of worse runs will be when we have invested the least.

Four months without a win is diabolical, whatever way you look at it. We are lucky the sides below us are complete garbage or we would have been in trouble, maybe this won't be the case next season. Dyche did well getting the three results last week, it has probably saved him. We have a poor squad but let's not completely lower our standards..

Four months without a win is diabolical, whatever way you look at it. We are lucky the sides below us are complete garbage or we would have been in trouble, maybe this won't be the case next season. Dyche did well getting the three results last week, it has probably saved him. We have a poor squad but let's not completely lower our standards..
Whatever way you look at it, we have 36 points with 3 games left to play, despite having 8 points deducted from us. That actually represents a lift in our standards from previous seasons, with the worst squad we've had for years.

Who cares about the run in the middle of the season ffs? There's plenty to explain it (hard games and the noise of points deductions & appeals a big distraction), and we did more than enough to survive despite that run.

Agree with all of this except Allardyce.

Whether people like him or not, Allardyce improved us in the time he was with us. We were battling relegation before he came (some fans like to say we were 13th I think it was when he actually took over) but we ended up 8th.
He improved the haul of points. He did not improve EFC one jot and stained our history by his presence.

4 games without a shot, not even off target. A ballbag of the first ilk, with the ugly hobbit as his assistant. I shudder at the memory.

You mean our second worst ever winless run since the formation of our club??
Joint second worst. The point is, it is not a record, which was incorrectly asserted. I realise SKY fans will disagree with this.

It's weird how some of our fans will say anything to show their hatred for the manager, all in order to win internet arguments. The other shower are the total opposite. Whoever replaces Klopp will, I guarantee, within one month be 'Potentially de best ever lad. Lightyears ahead tac tick lee lad'. Then when the wheels fall off, it'll be 'dem Yanks lad.'

None of the above hides the fact that it was a crap run like, and in other eras he'd have been out on his arse. However, we're safe with a few games left, given the points deduction and the fact the club is a skip fire off the pitch. It amazes me that other blues can't appreciate this fact, especially given the context of the past 3 years,.

Joint second worst. The point is, it is not a record, which was incorrectly asserted. I realise SKY fans will disagree with this.

It's weird how some of our fans will say anything to show their hatred for the manager, all in order to win internet arguments. The other shower are the total opposite. Whoever replaces Klopp will, I guarantee, within one month be 'Potentially de best ever lad. Lightyears ahead tac tick lee lad'. Then when the wheels fall off, it'll be 'dem Yanks lad.'

None of the above hides the fact that it was a crap run like, and in other eras he'd have been out on his arse. However, we're safe with a few games left, given the points deduction and the fact the club is a skip fire off the pitch. It amazes me that other blues can't appreciate this fact, especially given the context of the past 3 years,.
Great story mate. So what other club would accept this and then make a thread on the internet about the games "we should have won"?

Great story mate. So what other club would accept this and then make a thread on the internet about the games "we should have won"?
What story? Doesn't the left hand column say we have gone 13 without a win on 2 occasions? So we've gone 14 without a win, once, and 13 without a win twice? Maybe I'm reading it wrong? Not sure why you have highlighted that bit?

1714680210037.png

dunno lid, didn't post it.

13 games though
I know you didn't post it, I wondered why you highlighted it? That's why I asked. No bother if you're not sure.

Yes, 13 games without a win, our joint second worst run ever, was really poor. However, given the backdrop, and viewing the season with 35 games gone, the manager has done a really good job in getting us safe. I think most blues will agree with that and appreciate the job he has done.

Reminds me of the Campbell/99 run in. Won only twice in the league between 13 December 1998 and 10 April 1999 - four months. A 5-0 fluke vs Boro and a slender 2-1 at Blackburn thanks to Bakayoko.

11 April 99 we beat Coventry 2-0 and the rest is Super Kev-inspired history.

If we'd turned those Fulham and Palace games into wins Dyche would be up for MOTS

Slightly straying off the main topic but…

I remember a stat doing the rounds in that 98/99 season, United beat us 4-1 at Goodison in the October and it got to I think mid Feb and Utd had scored more goals at goodison in that one game than we had all season. Then out of nowhere we beat Middlesbrough 5-0 at home 😂. That season was grim though until the Campbell signing. Actually thought we was worse then 97/98 the year before when we stayed up on GD on the last day