New Everton Stadium Discussion

Two things come to mind about this arena, how did it cost 365 million to build and why haven't co-op pulled out of the naming rights and sued the owners for dragging their name into the mud?

The Co-op brand is getting plenty of advertising at the moment.

No doubt these delays will cost BAM a few quid in damages. Did get told earlier this week that it will be a good few weeks before they can do full capacity shows.

This highlights why a mid season move was never going to happen. The handover date of December I doubt will happen and it will move to the right and be handed over in March and then safety tests and the stadium ready for full capacity events in May.

One thing I noticed on the club's latest video was that the inside of the dock wall also says "Bramley-Moore Dock" as well as the outside. I never knew, but then how would I? Also, he asked a question about how many the fan plaza will hold but didn't get an answer. Anybody know how many it could cater for for food and drink, pre-match entertainment on a nice warm start of season or end of season day?
looks like it will hold more than the stadium

I suppose it's how it looks like when it's up and running.
Yeah, absolutely - it's perfectly fine, it's just a building - it's just that the next door property is a superb old building:

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 15.59.49.png

As I say, I believe that's also getting turned into a bar.

People who don't understand naming rights think this place is owned and run by the Co-op.

This association with ongoing failure and ineptitude is not advertising they'd want for free - let alone however many millions it's costing them.
Just seen they're supposedly paying £100m over 15 years. Surely Everton can match if not surpass that ?

People who don't understand naming rights think this place is owned and run by the Co-op.

This association with ongoing failure and ineptitude is not advertising they'd want for free - let alone however many millions it's costing them.

The same people must think Airline firms own and run football stadiums in the UK as well.

I think they probably do, if they think about it at all.

I just don’t know how anyone could think the Co-op are pleased with this publicity.

I'm sure they will be re-imbursed to some degree depending on the terms within the contract.

While at the minute the brand name is on every news media in the UK.