2023/24 Sean Dyche

Just had a look and within the two seasons he has been at the club only 4 teams have spent less on transfers (SU, Luton, Palace and Leicester) and only two teams have a better net spend than us (Brighton and Leicester) where we have actually made money on transfers rather than going over. The more context you analyse the more you realise the work he's done as we've actually managed to go forward whilst being hamstrung.

mate we need stability and this is it with him
I said that 3 years ago matty but you LOL'D at the thoughts of that
Screenshot_20240430-000751~2.png

I actually thought the football upto New year was ok and we should have had 10 more points on the board based on performances that not including the points deduction. The form of Harrison and McNeil fell off a cliff as did Calvert Lewin and we stopped playing intelligent football through the midfield and played more and more long ball. Maybe not enough rotation in squad coupled with injuries didn’t help but I think the main factor was the day after day bad news filtering through to everyone in the club. The staff players and fans. I don’t really care now about the last 3 games in terms of results. If anything I would like to see Dyche play a few younger players from the fringes coupled with a bit experience but experiment a little.

It's weird to say this but for me this luton game is a test if dyche should continue as manager as we've been beat twice (once in the cup) by a team with 5 wins because he wasn't able to devise a proper approach on tackling a team that is willing to sit back
Judging a managers job on his ability (or not) to beat one team who we will probably never play in the league again would be madness really.

Dont have to sell, to satisfy PSR - dont know if id believe the club on that one Sean.

Id imagine we defo need to for cashflow.
Cashflow maybe, but for this years PSR accounts, I'm not sure we do. As in, we probably need to sell someone in the summer if we want to have a budget, but not by the end of June for less than they are worth.

No one really knows though so it’s all just guessing, including by the clubs accountants.

Cashflow maybe, but for this years PSR accounts, I'm not sure we do. As in, we probably need to sell someone in the summer if we want to have a budget, but not by the end of June for less than they are worth.

No one really knows though so it’s all just guessing, including by the clubs accountants.

All these loans from 777 are not going to be coming off for PSR as they are going to be classed as working capital.

We will be in an even worse position with PSR moving forward.

I don’t know mate, I find it very hard based on the last set accounts to see how we won’t be in trouble again with PSR next year, let alone not need to sell anyone to satisfy it.

I actually thought the football upto New year was ok and we should have had 10 more points on the board based on performances that not including the points deduction. The form of Harrison and McNeil fell off a cliff as did Calvert Lewin and we stopped playing intelligent football through the midfield and played more and more long ball. Maybe not enough rotation in squad coupled with injuries didn’t help but I think the main factor was the day after day bad news filtering through to everyone in the club. The staff players and fans. I don’t really care now about the last 3 games in terms of results. If anything I would like to see Dyche play a few younger players from the fringes coupled with a bit experience but experiment a little.

Id like to see Chermiti and Dobbin get more time now.

Beyond that i want us to win the next two games.

He has a chance to play with a bit more freedom now were safe but needs the wins.