Goodison Park

Eggs, strange question but the names of the people who's ashes are at Goodison, would that be all the people who have been laid to rest there?

My wife's dad died when she was a baby, and she didnt know his ashes where scattered at Goodison till a few years ago, but had no more details - was wondering if it was part of the deal to have the names of them placed there.

….sorry, Chaz, I’m not sure if everybody who’s ashes are at Goodison has a name plate. I suspect not but I’m sure others will know better than me.

I won’t go the last game if I can’t get a ticket. Mine is for my dad,I sit in what was my uncles seat after he passed I took it over my son has taken over my dads ticket he gave it to him after my uncle passed he couldn’t face going anymore he is now 83 and I’m giving him my seat for the last game iam adamant he is going if he’s still here.
That’s right, make him go, you can be the dad for once and he can be the son, I hope you both have a brilliant day!

Thanks for that Dan, lovely memories to add to my own, one of my most memorable nights, without lights, versus Wolves on a May night in 1949, Wolves had won the FA cup on the Saturday and at half time they paraded the magical silver cup around the ground, great for a young nine year old boy like me.

The night was made even better when Tommy Eglington ( Eggo, any relation Eggs) stooped low and headed the ball into the net at the Gwladys End to win the game for us. I’ve watched many great nights under the lights since that first one, a 2-0 win v Liverpool in the “ The Floodlight Cup”, followed by a 3-2 loss to Red Star Belgrade in a friendly game, and seen dozens of brilliant happy nights there, hope to see two or three more. I’ll remember to take my hankie with me on that very sad last day. Thanks Mrs you really were a “ Grand Old Lady.

Who could forget classic Goodison memories like *checks notes* Andre Gomes vs Wolves, Cenk Tosun against Palace and John Heitinga vs Portsmouth?

Truly legendary events. I was welling up watching THAT Maupay goal against West Ham.
Great video idea but the execution was horrendous lol

IMG_8817.jpeg

IMG_8818.jpeg

IMG_8819.jpeg

IMG_8820.jpeg

The above video isn't mine - but what memories.
It's Everton against the Rest of the World - and Everton are winning...
Just when you think you've got them cornered they find a way. Everton always find a way.
Just fantastic quotes. Brings a lump to my throat.

My first game, 1993 derby when Mcmanaman and grobelaar had the fight! Travelled over with two RS fans…. It was both their first ever prem match too.

My fav game there was 2018…. A 1-1 draw vs Huddersfield (I know I know…..). I brought my eldest daughter over, she was 10 and a fanatic. The smile on her face when she saw the G O O D I S O N sign over the Park end from the bus as we got there (near Wetherspoons) is something I’ll never forget.

We went in id say an hour before kick off and she loved it.

Then the folk sitting beside us (scouser living in Atlanta, if you’re on here thanks again and hope you enjoyed your mothers birthday !) offered to drive us out a bit away from traffic after so we could get a taxi and comfortably make our flight….. but drove us all the way there. She (and I) couldn’t believe it.

I'm just glad to have visited the shrine twice -- in 1990 on a tour and in 2007 with my late father (his last trip home; he died in 2014 on the same day we whipped Wolfsburg in the Europa League). We beat Middlesbrough 2-0 that day and we sat in the Park End four rows behind the goal. I gave Mark Schwarzer grief all game.