Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
coming from the US with friends for games over the weekend and would love to sneak in this game on Friday night. Went to Goodison two years ago at around the same point in the season when Jordan Pickford was unbelievable in shutting out Chelsea, 1-0, and would love to see them again. If anybody has five tickets they'd like to sell to some grateful boys from the US we would very much appreciate it.

At most we can move up or down one place in the table, which means a few million quid in prize money.

I would think the information to be gained from throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks, as well as protecting key players from injury, would be worth more to the club. No reason to play anyone with a knock, fiddle with formations, sub Keane in late on at striker, etc.

Take it seriously the right way, as a learning opportunity. You never know, we might have to relegate these next season.

coming from the US with friends for games over the weekend and would love to sneak in this game on Friday night. Went to Goodison two years ago at around the same point in the season when Jordan Pickford was unbelievable in shutting out Chelsea, 1-0, and would love to see them again. If anybody has five tickets they'd like to sell to some grateful boys from the US we would very much appreciate it.
You might be worth, if you haven’t done so already, posting on the spare ticket thread as you’re more likely to be seen.

I'd prefer forest went down but we should be going all out for the victory. Had a few really shitty years and achieving 50pts this season would be something to be positive about. Finishing the season in good form is important too.

Also we've been in 2.5 relegation battles in 3 years. We've had times where we've relied on others to get results. I don't like forest but it wouldn't be fair not to give it a real go. We've no right to relegate someone with a lack of effort. We know what it's like to be in their position

Isn't it great not having to rely on a win for once?

That being said I still want us to perform and beat this lot, we've seen far too few victories this season. And losing 3 times to Luton in one season would irritate me immensely.

Last edited:
I see this as our Brighton of last season. With DCL & Doucoure on it and smash these 4-1

This would devastate Sky who will no doubt be praising Luton for the majority, so let's change the narrative about these