Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shibbywiggles

The minimum requirement is maximum effort
This is it Evertonians
The big one
The huge relegation six pointer we’ve all been dreading away at the mighty Luton Town
The mighty Luton Town who are really good at their fortress of Kenilworth Road (they’ve only won four games there all season)
…Seriously though, how relieved are you all to not give a damn about this one?

Thanks to FOUR back to back home victories (that’s right, the same amount Luton managed all season) we are safe, getting to enjoy another year of top flight football, the final at Goodison Park. Thanks to ownership, staff, management, financial, more made up FFP nonsense and player contract uncertainty it’s hard to tell what that season will look like but it’s a big relief after the nonsense we’ve had to endure off the pitch this season we’re safe with three games left, two of which should be, on paper, easy games.
If we want it, we should be able to beat Luton and Sheffield United with the pressure off and if we do that, Dyche will have earned us 50 points this season which in my opinion is impressive even without all the nonsense off the back of two dreadful campaigns/managers.

Personally I was behind Luton at the start of the season as it was a fairy tail adventure for them and it’s good to have a bit of diversity in the league but honestly now I’m just sick of commentators being up their arse whilst they’re getting destroyed by real teams. Watching them let in five against City I got second hand embarrassment from the commentary team desperately trying to talk them up before rat Barkley’s consolation goal so honestly, I’d rather see Forest or even Burnley stay up now - at least we normally get results against them!

Anyway, it’ll be nice to watch another game in total comfort, not really caring what the result is but hopefully we can stick it to these and help send them on their way.
We can be a superstitious bunch but whether you put our winning run down to:
Bouncing back from a dismal Chelsea away day
Dyche’s tracksuit (3/3)
ShibbyWiggles match previews (3/3)
Actually just having some decent home fixtures in a row for once 👀
Or Gana learning to shoot for the first time in his career
…I want to wish you all a calm and relaxed final few games before we reach silly season and undoubtably start tearing our hair out about how we’re selling all our best players and replacing them with Holgate and Maupay coming back off loan ;)
UTFT

Play the kids just to see what forest twitter does
1714398848216.png

Or Forest forum

A win for the virtuous blue boys amid thunderous away-section chants of YOU LOST THE LEAGUE AT KENILWORTH ROAD.

Full strength please, hopefully Calvin back. He'll probably give Onana a start seeing as he's not had much action the last two weeks. Would be really nice to see Seamus start before end of season too, I don't think he's been ruled out has he? For all we know he might have already played his last game for us.

Forest know the result of their appeal on Wednesday IIRC?

I suspect we’ll be on the beach and a Luton win wouldn’t surprise me