777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the replies he's also liked a tweet asking if Kylie Jenner is buying Everton... gonna go with he has no idea
Caught me totally by surprise this lol so I looked into it a bit more..

According to 'sources', she's genuinely a part of an American consortium who're still interested in taking the club over lol 🤷‍♂️

Caught me totally by surprise this lol so I looked into it a bit more..

According to 'sources', she's genuinely a part of an American consortium who're still interested in taking the club over lol 🤷‍♂️

She’s worth a few quid but I don’t think she will be the senior person in that consortium if it’s true

Other than Mike Ashley, the current owner or the corpse of Kenwright literally anyone would be better than 777 partners to buy our club.

We will probably end up with another broke useless bum though
Mike Ashley didn’t put any love into Newcastle and didn’t try to develop them. But conversely, he also didn’t saddle them with enormous debt beyond their means. Mike Ashley was understandably disliked by the geordies, but in some ways he was a good custodian of the club

Profile in the US would get a massive uplift but let’s be honest it’s probably rubbish
I think the source tells you it’s probably rubbish but as a concept it’s not that ridiculous.

These consortia seem to like getting famous faces involved for publicity, no one is getting excited about some venture capitalists, and for the rich and famous it’s a status symbol.

So you’ve got JJ Watt at Burnley, some golfers I think have a piece of Leeds and obviously the Wrexham thing has won lots of publicity. The American market has a lot of potential fans and a lot are undecided on a team to follow, an affiliation with a prominent celebrity or a sports team you already follow can make the difference.

Obviously the name they’ve plucked out of thin air is pretty ridiculous, but then so is Deadpool owning Wrexham.

The PL hasn't given 777 a pass, so the sooner they veto them, the sooner other interested parties can move in.

We need to get this done so that we can prepare for next season.

We don't have board and big decisions have to be made, and a lot of work to be done.
Now we're assured safety things can move. That hanging over us (thanks to the deductions) meant that it was unrealistic to expect anyone to make a final decision before now, on any side. If PL had vetoed them and we'd gone straight into administration and got relegated then we'd be blaming them and saying they found a way to relegate us.

All decisions can now be made from a secure platform, everyone knows the debt but also knows we're going to be a Premier League team next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.