David Moyes

Thats the fella who scored 21 goals in the last season he was given service.

He would thrive in a team like West Ham who know how to create.
It wouldn’t be “a team like West Ham”. It would be a team like Everton with David Moyes managing it....and a 3 goals a season goal machine.

No for a DoF role to firstly be appropriate, it is a role for a club that wants a certain ‘DNA’ or style/brand to how they play football so a DoF should be a long term strategic role (for the right candidate) which means players are brought in that suits that style of play and all scouts/coaches and managers are identified which also suit that style of play. The manager has to suit the club’s preferred method of playing…..not buying players to suit the manager…..that’s what has got us into this mess with a disjointed squad.
You miss read what I’ve said and I basically agree to what you say and have said the same. The point you highlight, is regarding This summer we sack dyche and sell a certain numbers of players and need to buy 6/7/8. The club, DOF, new sporting team, will be buying players to suit to manager they appoint m, but it should be a long term commitment.

But it has to start somewhere, where you hire a new manager and buy new players and they have to aline.

You miss read what I’ve said and I basically agree to what you say and have said the same. The point you highlight, is regarding This summer we sack dyche and sell a certain numbers of players and need to buy 6/7/8. The club, DOF, new sporting team, will be buying players to suit to manager they appoint m, but it should be a long term commitment.

But it has to start somewhere, where you hire a new manager and buy new players and they have to aline.
Ah right sorry

1 - Arsenal. Lost the home game 6:0 though.

His mentality is still knife to a gunfight against most perceived big clubs in the Prem, which is why he's not liked. His record is genuinely crap against them, but very good against some similar-stature and most smaller teams really, for the most part.
+ Tottenham Away 2-1 Win.

But I Get Your Point. Not Like He’s Had Quality To Be Gun To Gun Though.

We know the issues with Moyes - reactionary with subs, won’t put up a fight against the big teams, dumbing down of expectations. The first season under Martinez was a breath of fresh air and the best since 95 as we went out each game to win

Never wanted him back when we thought we were on an upwards trajectory when we hired Ancelotti and before Benitez as knew the limitations - a good manager that would never take us the next step

Well he proved me wrong as I said he’d never win everything (the Liverpool semi final was the nail in coffin for me - we should never have lost). If he wants to come back it’s a no brainer given the situation we’re in. No way we’d be relegated with him and he’d have us mid table in no time. Not lofty expectations but where we are currently

Have him back in a heartbeat. Was hoping Newcastle's bad run would continue so we could snag eddie howe but he's turned it around.

IMG_7620.jpeg

To be fair it’s like taking a plastic spork to an all you can eat buffet.