Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 in 12 is bad, but also look at the GA, 21 conceded in them same 12 games.
We're scoring at half the rate of rubbish like Burnley. Luton might be crap, but scoring gives you a puncher's chance of winning a game against the odds 1-0 or 2-1. We, at best, can only hope to draw.

The lack of urgency and fight today were the biggest concern. Playing at a pace you'd see in a pre season friendly is not the sort of intensity you expect to see from a team in a relegation battle.

I blame the manager for this 100%. Its no surprise to see a lack of urgency when the manager sets the team up with the mentality that a draw is more than acceptable.

I honestly don't agree at this point

We need to play at a level where we can build something sustainable and long term and be competitive. That's clearly not the premier league given our shambolic offfield situation.

If I was offered relegation and a new squad and a new manager, I'd take that over another season with Dyche and these players fighting relegation and serving up unwatchable dross.

Everton have played more top flight seasons than any other club in the top five leagues. Only Celtic have played more top flight seasons in the world.

Just surrendering that because we are crap right now would be insanity.

If you think our squad is bad now, brace yourself for the creatures we would have besmirching the shirt in the Championship. Relegation would never be a good thing.

Everton have played more top flight seasons than any other club in the top five leagues. Only Celtic have played more top flight seasons in the world.

If you think our squad is bad now, brace yourself for the creatures we would have besmirching the shirt in the Championship. Relegation would never be a good thing.
It would not be good but there are no good options available for the club right now.

I dont want to go down. But equally I think we are in the exact same position next year unless we make wholesale changes to the squad and change the manager.

The worst option of them all to me is staying up and sticking with Dyche and this squad.

We will never get anywhere until we try to build something sustainable. We know for sure that won't happen under Dyche, but no matter who is the manager, they need to be allowed to completely overhaul everything. I doubt that happens if we stay up.

Building something new and sustainable and winning games in the championship might be what the club needs. That's a painful thought but it might be true. Especially if there is going to be no money available for the next few years.

I'd say the most worrying thing is the performance today was absolutely woeful and gives no confidence that he has any kind of solution to improve the performances of the players.

I think Newcastle will tonk us Tuesday and then Burnley becomes must win at all costs.

Newcastle have no available players. About 4 went off injured today and Gordon suspended. We should be going there looking to win, and yet we will retreat to the edge of the box and cower in our shell hoping to come away with a 0-0.

I feel like people just want to get rid of the rot in the club, there's a losers mentality at this club and has been for many a year. I dunno I don't wanna go down at all, it'd be awful to just disappear down the pyramid.

Newcastle have no available players. About 3 went off injured today and Gordon suspended. We should be going there looking to win, and yet we will retreat to the edge of the box and cower in our shell hoping to come away with a 0-0.

They've still got enough to do the damage mate even with those injuries.

You know the team he'll pick for Tuesday mate and it'll barely be different than what we seen today.

They've still got enough to do the damage mate even with those injuries.

You know the team he'll pick for Tuesday mate and it'll barely be different than what we seen today.

Personally I think their squad players are absolutely awful and I don’t fear them one bit. We should not be going there and rolling over, but I’m fully aware this manager will do just that.

No way will forest or eveton go down this season unless you get a stupid reduction
However next season we will be in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.