Everton Youth Teams Thread

Definitely. Having turned 18 last September he should really be getting tested beyond the 18s. Looking at the footage he’s clearly physically developed beyond the lads he’s playing with, only in the 21s can he really answer how much of his recent form is ability and how much is just age and development.
Needs to play for the U21's. He's 19 this year, wasting away in the U18's.
He had a long term injury this season as did Sheriff, Apter, Patterson who were 4 of the better first years any game I saw last year. Think the recent up turn in form for the 18s could be attributed to a few of them returning. Also a few loan returns above helping improve the 21 results but blocking pathways.

There’s a degree of close control, footwork, working the ball for the first goal that I’ve never seen from him before, Ebre has usually been all pace and power for his goals. Echoing what others have said, it’s time for him to be moving up to the u21s and show he can use his power and physique against bigger opponents. We can be patient though, Ellis was ripping it up at u18s and took a bit to adjust to u23/21 😉

There’s a degree of close control, footwork, working the ball for the first goal that I’ve never seen from him before, Ebre has usually been all pace and power for his goals. Echoing what others have said, it’s time for him to be moving up to the u21s and show he can use his power and physique against bigger opponents. We can be patient though, Ellis was ripping it up at u18s and took a bit to adjust to u23/21 😉
Shades of Lukaku v Chelsea in the cup quarter final with the first goal.

IMG_9818.png

I've never watched him but he is very highly talked of and has had a few trials over here. For all Pete Orourkes faults he is somewhat clued in with us so hopefully this has legs.

It would make our 21s/18s incredibly bloated for forwards though; Okoronkwo, Whitaker, Ebere, Sherif, Kouyate, Morgan are already the centre forwards on the books on top of Stewart from the 16s (though he looks like a right winger) Braiden Graham, Omari Benjamin and Melia who are rumoured. Vaughan will need to be busy!

Not even sure Melia is eligible to come over. City certainly don't think he is eligible until he turns 18 which is September next year. However you'd like to think that our recruitment staff who we pinched off Brighton would know given they managed to sign Evan Ferguson at 16.

Not even sure Melia is eligible to come over. City certainly don't think he is eligible until he turns 18 which is September next year. However you'd like to think that our recruitment staff who we pinched off Brighton would know given they managed to sign Evan Ferguson at 16.
I think Brighton got the Ferguson deal done pre brexit. The Northern Irish boys who have the right to dual nationality and British passports no matter their preference can come over at 16 while The lads south of the border with Irish Passports need work permits now so tend to need to be 18. Hence why a lot of these are heading to italy and other european leagues atm.

I think Brighton got the Ferguson deal done pre brexit. The Northern Irish boys who have the right to dual nationality and British passports no matter their preference can come over at 16 while The lads south of the border with Irish Passports need work permits now so tend to need to be 18. Hence why a lot of these are heading to italy and other european leagues atm.

fergusons mother is english so he would be dual national too

Ahh, the Youth Team. That lot over the park have a steady stream of youngsters coming through and playing, scoring and winning games in the Prem. Whilst we, over the last 30 years, have produced - hang on, give me a mo and i'll think of someone. Another symptom of the incompetence running the whole club!
They have had Bradley, Jones and Alexander Arnold come through in the last seven or eight years I think, hardly a steady flow.