Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another step taken today in delivering us a stadium, fair play, took a while but as Lady Mary Montgomerie Currie once said “all things come to those who wait”

we know

He was ill, remember when the blue union tried to start a rumor he wasn't? It one reason why Evertonians have zero time for them, they are known to be trouble making liars.
I was at a Blue Union meeting at the Casa (don't know if that makes me a know trouble maker ) all I found was a group of Evertonians who were disillusioned with the way the club was run.
The club has been in decline over 25 years so surely instead of slagging the Blue Union / 27 years protest maybe if more people should have supported them.
I went to the meeting on my own and didn't know anybody there so I am not a member of any particular group.
I have always thought you were on a wind up when you have been praising Bill Kenwright but if you truly believe the garbage you spout about him you are as guilty as he is for destroying the club.

I was at a Blue Union meeting at the Casa (don't know if that makes me a know trouble maker ) all I found was a group of Evertonians who were disillusioned with the way the club was run.
The club has been in decline over 25 years so surely instead of slagging the Blue Union / 27 years protest maybe if more people should have supported them.
I went to the meeting on my own and didn't know anybody there so I am not a member of any particular group.
I have always thought you were on a wind up when you have been praising Bill Kenwright but if you truly believe the garbage you spout about him you are as guilty as he is for destroying the club.
People tried to start a rumor he wasn't ill, it was disgusting and like it or not those who associated themselves under the blue union tag got the blame, it was shameful.
Maybe initially some had good intentions but the problem with these thing people jump on board who don't always have the right ideas, such as those who made public what was said in a private meeting.
Remember the video of that lad having a rant through the gates near the Park End at Bill? Again the blue Union were blamed, maybe it wasn't there fault but they did themselves no favors either way, achieved nothing, and attracted a unsavoury element that most sensible evertonians want to distance themselves from.
Don't forget when his face got clapped on the big screen is was basically the crowd letting the Blue Union know what we thought of them.

You don't know how lucky you are, we are, remember the good times, they will be back one day.
Oh Carlin, I am lucky, I remember the 69/70 team "just about" Then Latchford and Davie Thomas, we didn't win anything but the football was great. Then the 4/5 golden years. Hysel killed us if I am honest. Big Joe gave us a bounce which I enjoyed. Sadly but seriously I have not enjoyed one season since. Moyes was a siege mentality man, but small minded like Blue Bill, we lost our relevance. No longer a leader in the sport but a follower.

Another step taken today in delivering us a stadium, fair play, took a while but as Lady Mary Montgomerie Currie once said “all things come to those who wait”
Or ..... why didn't we get it almost 20yrs ago, when one of the board members was prepared to foot our part of the bill. What about all those years of lost revenue from increased gate receipts and status?

As regards BMD......... we only have Moshiri to thank for that as he is the one paying for it so far.

Oh Carlin, I am lucky, I remember the 69/70 team "just about" Then Latchford and Davie Thomas, we didn't win anything but the football was great. Then the 4/5 golden years. Hysel killed us if I am honest. Big Joe gave us a bounce which I enjoyed. Sadly but seriously I have not enjoyed one season since. Moyes was a siege mentality man, but small minded like Blue Bill, we lost our relevance. No longer a leader in the sport but a follower.
I think that's it. Bill has guided us away from the top table and the weird thing about it is he seems to think it's great!

I think that's it. Bill has guided us away from the top table and the weird thing about it is he seems to think it's great!
Bit how has he guided us away? We've only dropped away from the top 8 post Moyes, on the watch of Moshiri? OK we haven't won anything for ages but to say he has guided us away is just wrong, our league placing, lack of European football and transfer dealing since Moshiri arrived shows this.

People tried to start a rumor he wasn't ill, it was disgusting and like it or not those who associated themselves under the blue union tag got the blame, it was shameful.
Maybe initially some had good intentions but the problem with these thing people jump on board who don't always have the right ideas, such as those who made public what was said in a private meeting.
Remember the video of that lad having a rant through the gates near the Park End at Bill? Again the blue Union were blamed, maybe it wasn't there fault but they did themselves no favors either way, achieved nothing, and attracted a unsavoury element that most sensible evertonians want to distance themselves from.
Don't forget when his face got clapped on the big screen is was basically the crowd letting the Blue Union know what we thought of them.
First of all regards Kenwrights health have you any evidence that the rumour was started by Blue Union ?
your other point about the meeting between supporters and Kenwright what were they supposed to do?
Did Kenwright honestly believe that the 4 lads at the meeting were not going to speak to other supporters and tell them what was discussed ?
As for the shouting through the fence what evidence again have that it was Blue Union?
The inference of your post is that the clappers were showing there disapproval about the suggestion that Bill wasn't ill when the happy clappers was a few years earlier after a protest outside before the Villa game long before Bill was ill.
As for the clappers themselves I have nothing but contempt for them as they were just burying there heads in the sand ready to believe anything told them

Bit how has he guided us away? We've only dropped away from the top 8 post Moyes, on the watch of Moshiri? OK we haven't won anything for ages but to say he has guided us away is just wrong, our league placing, lack of European football and transfer dealing since Moshiri arrived shows this.
He joined the board in 1989. that's 33 years ago.
33 years ago Everton were at the very top of the English football tree.
Since being involved with the club at the highest levels, we have won one cup.... in 33 years.
He steered Kendall being appointed for the third time, almost ruining the good name of Evertons greatest manager.
He had to be persuaded by Walter Smith to hire Moyes, he wanted Kurbishly or someone.
I'm not going to go through the list,
Immediately before he joined the board we won leagues and cups
After, for 33 years, we've come nowhere near winning the league, not close, not once, but we've seriously flirted with relegation several times.
We're a club threading water and running out of energy.

First of all regards Kenwrights health have you any evidence that the rumour was started by Blue Union ?
your other point about the meeting between supporters and Kenwright what were they supposed to do?
Did Kenwright honestly believe that the 4 lads at the meeting were not going to speak to other supporters and tell them what was discussed ?
As for the shouting through the fence what evidence again have that it was Blue Union?
The inference of your post is that the clappers were showing there disapproval about the suggestion that Bill wasn't ill when the happy clappers was a few years earlier after a protest outside before the Villa game long before Bill was ill.
As for the clappers themselves I have nothing but contempt for them as they were just burying there heads in the sand ready to believe anything told them
the fact that fans even felt the need to form these groups, no matter what they did or didn't do, is a mark against Kenwright.

Hi guys I understand emotions are high in this thread about a thousand ways to say the same things about Kenwright but in a marginally different order of words. Wishing he was not here or questioning the man’s noble battle against illness is a touch too far.

I have not reported any messages from anyone guys.
Wow.
You've changed.
What's @GrandOldTeam done to you?

Anyhoo back on topic.
Kenwright, not a fan, however I don't wish death upon him maybe just an ingrown toenail or something.

Inappropriate Language
I have endured the Everton experience under Bill Kenwright’s Chairmanship and it was an illuminating one.
I was a guest in the boardroom courtesy of Philip Green(my Chelsea supporting mate worked for him) at the FA Cup game at Goodison which ended in a 1-1 draw(we won the replay on penalties). Philip Green told my mate that he was involved at Everton and he would put our names down for the boardroom after the game.
There were 5 of us which included 3 Evertonians(me,my son and my dad) and my mate and his son who were Chelsea fans. From the moment we got to the Goodison Rd reception to eventually leaving the boardroom/ground was a farce. We were sent from pillar to post in the various Main Stand lounges and then after about 20 minutes were told we could not enter the boardroom as we were not wearing ties to which my Dad proudly displayed his from under his jumper and said he was eligible. My mate reiterated who we were guests of and then 30 seconds later Bill appeared ushering us into the Boardroom. We introduced ourselves to him and he completely disregarded what we said and in his arrogant way said to my son “ You were lucky” and my son said “I’m an Evertonian and we were unlucky”…exit Bill stage left to talk loudly in a small boardroom with Mike “Porky” Parry…what a [Poor language removed] he is.
He did not stay very long after the game and most of the hosting was done by Mr and Mrs Carter which ended in my Dad having a “match off” with Sir Philip. My Dad won as his first game was 1939 when he was a boy and he saw Tommy Lawton play.
We were the last to leave and spent half an hour talking to Robert Elstone who was reasonable company but hopelessly out of his depth as a CEO. He did tell a funny story about hosting various clubs after matches and said he dreaded Stoke City as the guests of the Directors would get bladdered and never leave until they were kicked out late into the night.
The overall impression of the boardroom experience was one of rank amateurism throughout the club and all in thrall to “King Bill”.
My Dad described him as a “Tom Pepper” and a phoney after meeting him and I think he was being kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.