Meeting with Kenwright - Highlights Not in Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evertonized

Player Valuation: £1m
Hi Guys,

I've just been reading the transcript for 'Meeting with Bill Kenwright' and I've found some interesting stuff - which have been missed by the papers (suprisingly...cough).

I personally think this deserves a new thread, as I've trawled through the various Kenwright threads and it's very hard to spot the 'positive' and 'important' stuff...

'Kenwright's wage' "Just work this out; legitimately I am the only Premiership chairman that doesn’t take a salary. Legitimately what could I have made over the past 12 years? On expenses, on the interest on the £11m loan; I have guarantees at the bank…..I had to borrow £3m from the bank 18months ago……It’s got to be £10m, it’s got to be”

Why Kenwright says he hasn't talked to supporters Bill describes an article he sent to David Moyes, a two page article that Moyes told him he didn’t need to release, that he was Bill Kenwright.

What Kenwright told Moyes “I’ll make you a promise, I’ve got no money but we’ll move heaven and earth to give you £5m a year.” On average we give him £5.6 every year. 9 years that’s £45m that we haven’t got. Add that to the overdraft….you can see what trouble we’re in.”

On a new stadium “There are six sites we’re looking at; three of which we’re really keen on, Edge Lane, Speke and another one”

On a shared stadium “I’m led to believe John Henry is willing to discuss it, I don’t know; the last lot weren’t interested…to be fair neither where we”

It's because the press are only reporting from what Kenwright said directly to Sky Sports News which is verifiable, NOT from the Blue Union transcript which could be potentially false.

Kenwright did not mention the above to SSN.

Hi Guys,

I've just been reading the transcript for 'Meeting with Bill Kenwright' and I've found some interesting stuff - which have been missed by the papers (suprisingly...cough).

I personally think this deserves a new thread, as I've trawled through the various Kenwright threads and it's very hard to spot the 'positive' and 'important' stuff...

'Kenwright's wage' "Just work this out; legitimately I am the only Premiership chairman that doesn’t take a salary. Legitimately what could I have made over the past 12 years? On expenses, on the interest on the £11m loan; I have guarantees at the bank…..I had to borrow £3m from the bank 18months ago……It’s got to be £10m, it’s got to be”

Why Kenwright says he hasn't talked to supporters Bill describes an article he sent to David Moyes, a two page article that Moyes told him he didn’t need to release, that he was Bill Kenwright.

What Kenwright told Moyes “I’ll make you a promise, I’ve got no money but we’ll move heaven and earth to give you £5m a year.” On average we give him £5.6 every year. 9 years that’s £45m that we haven’t got. Add that to the overdraft….you can see what trouble we’re in.”

On a new stadium “There are six sites we’re looking at; three of which we’re really keen on, Edge Lane, Speke and another one”

On a shared stadium “I’m led to believe John Henry is willing to discuss it, I don’t know; the last lot weren’t interested…to be fair neither where we”

Cheers mate, some very positive points there. :oops:

And Edge Lane isnt a possibility, thats already been approved to be completely rebuilt making a liverpool one like shopping centre - and its being expanded also

I'm not sure if I see a positive from what he says, I think its gonna get a lot worse before it gets better, because how long can we stay potless and the current squad is ageing and with no money when they need replacing we will be totally relying on free transfers and our young players being good enough to keep getting results

There was also some stuff on there regarding possible foreign investors coming in.

I wont hold my breath for that. Bill's probably just exchanging his euros from his holiday. I feel sad for Bill. And more so for his wife who is probably receiving some awfully angry sex tonight.

One was a DIC boss who the company had never heard of and the other was an inventor who lives in a 1 bed flat in Manchester according to the transcripts though

Status
Not open for further replies.