Goal Celebrations Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
I know that the A-Star one has been explained previously but I thought I would put it in anyway. Here is the reason behind Yakubu's goal celebration.

The "A-Star"

As performed by: James Vaughan, Marcus Bent, Cameron Jerome, Andy Johnson, Curtis Davies... hell, everyone

The celebration of the moment is actually in support of a good cause. QPR defender "One Size" Fitz Hall has set up a charity called A-Star to provide positive role models and help provide opportunities for kids. The "A" salute is visual shorthand for the initiative's motto: "every child is a star". See? Not all footballers are tossers...

The Butterfly

As performed by: Nicolas Anelka and Yakubu

Anelka says it's a personal message to friends, but it's thought it relates to a song that his former club Fenerbahçe's fans sing about rivals Galatasaray. Yakubu's seemingly identical celebration is actually completely different. He's just reminding people of his roots: Nigeria's nickname is "The Golden Eagles".

The Phil Neville:

Look as surprised as everyone else then run straight to the technical area to tell the boss and the press "it was mine"

I know that the A-Star one has been explained previously but I thought I would put it in anyway. Here is the reason behind Yakubu's goal celebration.

The "A-Star"

As performed by: James Vaughan, Marcus Bent, Cameron Jerome, Andy Johnson, Curtis Davies... hell, everyone

The celebration of the moment is actually in support of a good cause. QPR defender "One Size" Fitz Hall has set up a charity called A-Star to provide positive role models and help provide opportunities for kids. The "A" salute is visual shorthand for the initiative's motto: "every child is a star". See? Not all footballers are tossers...

The Butterfly

As performed by: Nicolas Anelka and Yakubu

Anelka says it's a personal message to friends, but it's thought it relates to a song that his former club Fenerbahçe's fans sing about rivals Galatasaray. Yakubu's seemingly identical celebration is actually completely different. He's just reminding people of his roots: Nigeria's nickname is "The Golden Eagles".

Super Eagles mate. Don't worry. I thought it was Golden Eagles for a while also.

Status
Not open for further replies.