Match Thread Huddersfield Town v Everton, Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not ok with us going 26 years without winning anything and then showing we dont really care by making 9 changes. We are away to a championship club. Not home to some league 2 side.
But we're not playing kids like when the RS beat us in the FA Cup.

We are playing guys many of us actually want to see play who are trying to lock down spots in the 11 - like Nkoukou, JPG and Kean. Good to give Begovic a game. We're not playing our U23 side here

I will never agree with mass rotation for a side not in Europe. Its needless, it rarely works and it shows a manager doesn't understand what the fans expect.

We have barely a midweek game all season. Why are we resting players? Are they not fit enough to play 4 times in 3 weeks?

If we go out I will lose it with the manager.
Yeah I think he could have gone stronger than he has.

Richarlison is knackered but surely having him on the bench isn't going to harm him. I learned today that Dom still isn't training fully so I'm not surprised he isn't in.

Similarly, Allan, might as well rest him, and that's the midfield two I wanted to see. But would just have been nice to see a bit more pace and cutting edge up top (Gray and Townsend on the wings either side of Iwobi rather than three at the back?)

Of the 9 changes are the two that kept their places Keane and Townsend. So this really is our second XI as neither of those two should really be in our first XI

Its how I feel. Its nothing new.

I want to see us win something and this selection shows the manager isn't on the same page. Its disrespectful to the supporters travelling down there as well.

Way the game is now - why teams like Man City ane Chelsea win trophies every year as they can field 2 strong starting 11's one for the league one for the cup.

Until we can do the same we have to have luck in the draw until at least the Semi's avoiding the big hitters.

Yeah I think he could have gone stronger than he has.

Richarlison is knackered but surely having him on the bench isn't going to harm him. I learned today that Dom still isn't training fully so I'm not surprised he isn't in.

Similarly, Allan, might as well rest him, and that's the midfield two I wanted to see. But would just have been nice to see a bit more pace and cutting edge up top (Gray and Townsend on the wings either side of Iwobi rather than three at the back?)
Gray is in form and enjoying his football... let him play

Doucoure is vital and doesn't play international football....let him play.

We've rested players, some of whom have a fortnight off after Saturday, after 2 matches. I'm actually flabbergasted.

Way the game is now - why teams like Man City ane Chelsea win trophies every year as they can field 2 strong starting 11's one for the league one for the cup.

Until we can do the same we have to have luck in the draw until at least the Semi's avoiding the big hitters.
Id rather get a big hitter early on, if we have to play them at somepoint better to do it when the league is still in the early stages and the CL too

Gray is in form and enjoying his football... let him play

Doucoure is vital and doesn't play international football....let him play.

We've rested players, some of whom have a fortnight off after Saturday, after 2 matches. I'm actually flabbergasted.

I'd personally have gone Keane and Mina again. I can understand being careful with Mina given his injury record. Would also have played Digne but I'm glad Nkounkou is starting.

I want to see JPG and would rather him start and have Doucoure to come on in his place.

The Richarlison one is the big one because just having him in reserve injects that bit of a fear factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.