Match Thread Huddersfield Town v Everton, Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if that team is good enough to beat Huddersfield tbh but i am not really that bothered anyway and would rather rest players and not risk any injuries. The league is far more important to me than this mickey mouse guaranteed trophy in the pocket for the same clubs every year nonsense.

Hope Kean has a blinder.

COYB's

Aye well all our managers have deserved to be sacked on the spot at some point tbf.

Though in fairness, Pickford nearly cost us the first EFL game last year didn't he!

Anyway, it is what it is. Like I said, disappointed not to have more attacking quality in the 18. Hardly surprised not to see James - litmus test for that is Brighton though then again have accepted he's probably never playing for us again (and I'm sad about that).
I will never agree with mass rotation for a side not in Europe. Its needless, it rarely works and it shows a manager doesn't understand what the fans expect.

We have barely a midweek game all season. Why are we resting players? Are they not fit enough to play 4 times in 3 weeks?

If we go out I will lose it with the manager.

I will never agree with mass rotation for a side not in Europe. Its needless, it rarely works and it shows a manager doesn't understand what the fans expect.

We have barely a midweek game all season. Why are we resting players? Are they not fit enough to play 4 times in 3 weeks?

It's nice to get squad players involved though. Kenny, Branthwaite, Davies, Kean and Begovic all probably don't get a start for months if they aren't playing here.

I reckon winning the Florida Cup might have instilled an element of hubris within the Club. Everton, whilst always living by its motto of nothing but the best being good enough, should sometimes curb its appetite for trophy success...and this latest competition gives us every chance to do that.

It's nice to get squad players involved though. Kenny, Branthwaite, Davies, Kean and Begovic all probably don't get a start for months if they aren't playing here.
Its handing out starts to players who don't deserve to play on merit. We have devalued the competition, we have disrespected our opponents and we deserve to go out.

Normally i'm with you, but with the Euros this past summer, Richy's crazy summer, etc, etc, I'm ok giving these guys a break. This team should be good enough to beat Huddersfield Town. If we lose, we lose, but I'm not arsed punting on this one. If nothing else, it gets fringe players into the season - it's good of morale for as many players as possible to feel they are part of things early on, and this is a good way to do that

FA Cup is another story, would like to see more of our team starting. In this specific circumstance, i'm ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.