New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got us 72 points with no money, and actually plays attacking football. Assed watching super defensive, 9 men behind the ball hoofball crap anymore
But every time we lost possession the opposition scored. Plus most of the possession was passes between the back line.

It may be competitive mate but its a farmer league.

Managing River Plate is childs play compared to a club like Everton competing against some of the biggest and wealthiest clubs in world football.
OMG you really are blinkered. Check out his success in Copa libetadores, Copa Sudamerica, Recopa Sudamerica.

It’s a fact that Argentinian teams are paupers compared to the Brazilian giants, yet time and time again he steered River to victories in those competitions.

You really need to do your homework before opening your gob.

Say we did bring Nuno in - and seeing as every single manager poaches a couple of their ex players

Who would we realistically want/get from them?
Neto is the only one I would be remotely interested in and he's recovering from an ACL injury, so he won't move in the summer. Fits the bill as a left-footed winger though

There is because we again go from a manager that had a plan, players he wanted in and wanted out to progress.

Now we're back to square one again. A new manager will look at the squad of players that have failed every previous manager, give them a new chance, then look to bring and bed new players.

They also have to fill the deficiencies in the squad that are as clear as day.

We've been here before. We've had one of the best managers in world football trying to rebuild. Now we'll go down the route of a new manager with different experiences and philosophies and what? Expect to be a better side?

It won't happen. The past decade has told us this. It needs a full reset
It’s scary mate, I can see a relegation scrap next year, the squads complete garbage, who going to come? No one will want it

The midfield is garbage that why we won’t play good football, also have no wingers
Two players came in under Ancelotti to play central midfield, at a cost of about £50m. If he couldn't get them to play even half decent football then it's on him i'm afraid. I appreciate this is hard for some people to accept, but at least with the way it's ended they'll always be able to claim that he was on the verge of making extraordinary progress over 6 weeks, having failed to make any in 18 months, and they were right all along.

Two players came in under Ancelotti to play central midfield, at a cost of about £50m. If he couldn't get them to play even half decent football then it's on him i'm afraid. I appreciate this is hard for some people to accept, but at least with the way it's ended they'll always be able to claim that he was on the verge of making extraordinary progress over 6 weeks, having failed to make any in 18 months, and they were right all along.
It would have been helpful if one of the midfielders he bought wasn't garbage and if the other wasn't past his best physically and prone to muscle strains. Carlo was crap but the recruitment let him down to. I believe he had an outsized hand in it so hopefully with him gone we can get on track there as well.

coming from river to everton would be easier on gallardos pressure, RIVER unlike everton is demanded to WIN everithing.. second place is failure to river plate fans... on everton... well not so much.
you really need to watch more football outside EPL or even europe, atm top brazilian teams or said river are miles.... miles ahead of everton , heck if you could put em (riverplate) on the EPL i would bet my house they could get better results than everton...

But is Gallardo pitting his tactical nous against Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Tuchel etc? No its blokes who are probably the Argentine equivalent of the Duck and Dogs head coach.

Thats the problem when people say "x,y,z has just won the Ecuadorian 2nd division title at age 21 playing electric football we should get him in" he may well be good but its a completely different level of competition and its very risky for a club like us to take a chance when we have gone through managers quicker than ASDA have toilet rolls during lockdown.

Would rather let someone like WBA or Brighton take a punt and if they do well here steal em quick like Spurs did with Poch at Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.