2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No coincidence that during that game we had no Richarlison, Allan or Coleman so had to play Godfrey at right back and Gomes and Sigurdsson in the middle and Iwobi? then after that game think we lost James for a few weeks. Said it before it’s no coincidence that our style of play completely changed the moment we lost all our better players to injuries, form dropped and fitness levels were not the same. I genuinely believed with a couple more additions in the summer, the type of football we seen earlier on the season just finished we’d have seen more of. Carlo stated before he was approached by Madrid this is what he wanted.

Yeah, I don't blame Carlo too much for the awful style of play in a lot of games, as he was maximising what he had and did it well away from home.

He failed to motivate them to take the games to the dross at home though and that's why we're not in Europe next season.

But the players are crap mate. He got the Madrid job based on his previous stint there, his reputation and because he's a good coach, esp with top players. That's kind of the point I'm trying to make.

This guy is a top manager in the game and came 10th with this squad. Even if we give some allowance for injuries and the fact that we gave up for the last 5 games or so (prob due to the Madrid move in hindsight) we probably could've got 7th at best. That's with one of the top managers in the game. Where would a less experienced /decorated coach finish?

With this squad and our current state I am honestly worried about who we bring in next and where we end up. Trophies and Europe are a distant dream unless we get a top coach. It has to be someone with experience. The club needs stability while challenging for cups and qualifying for Europe. Even if only Europa Conference for a while.

Rodgers would be one of the few realistic choices that tick all the boxes for me. However he'd be hard to convince.

Yes the players are crap but Carlo Ancelotti has dumped us at the first chance he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.