2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
....he’s got wondrous ability and is a joy to watch but we are in a position where we need our best players to be effective on a week by week basis. He’s also pedestrian in an already pedestrian midfield, so he’s not helping the cause from that extent.

I have a transfer strategy where Rodriguez ticks all the boxes regarding quality but key criteria is also athleticism & injury record consideration. Age is also on there but to a lesser degree. Whilst it’s fabulous watching him, we don’t have the luxury of having a replacement or players to cover his physical weaknesses.

We need to build a team without him & anytime he’s available will be a plus.

Last edited:

He's the sort of signing that is good when you have a good squad already and he compliments the team, we aren't in that position. We need him to be fit and ready more than he is. I can see him leaving in the summer.

Probably not that different to guardiola or clubs with decent squads resting players. Difference is it sticks out like a sore thumb here because he's..well james rodriguez. He isnt going to play weekend/midweek. Think most realise that.
Sigurdsson did ok to be fair.

Just wish Carlo would not have said to us all about him being tired, maybe it was Carlo being fed up with the situatin too !?!

Dunno.

I do love him being with us, and fully expect us to ony ever have him for half the games. But I totally get the frustration of the fans in the groun last night.

You can’t exactly compare United’s squad to ours can you?

It’s as simple as this. No club’s best player can only be available for around half their minutes. It’s not feasible. Yes, that’s not exactly his fault, we all know we need a better squad. But it’s why anyone who says we need to build around him is not thinking straight.

Just wish Carlo would not have said to us all about him being tired, maybe it was Carlo being fed up with the situatin too !?!

Dunno.

I do love him being with us, and fully expect us to ony ever have him for half the games. But I totally get the frustration of the fans in the groun last night.

I think ancelotti explained it quite well. Obviously the tired thing has been jumped on. He said he knows when and when not to play him and he thought he wouldnt have got energy out of him against wolves a few days after sheff utd.
The hook of course is he best turn up v man city.

Status
Not open for further replies.