Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were garbage but I’ll see if I can get a ticket for whoever comes out the hat. You with me @maccavennie
What an poor attitude. With fans like these. Tottenhsm were in a champions league final and spanked us 3-2 2 seasons ago. We are a team progressing and we may have been a bit fortunate but we scored some great goals and shown good spirit gains their best team.

Great spirit again tonight, as it was against Man Utd on Saturday. Reminded me of Joe Royle's team this week, when we weren't in the top echelon but never gave up and could give anyone a game.

Hey you are right he migth have been better leaving him and defending the goal line but he had his best game in a blue shirt since United under Silva. The weird thing is we have been so good defensively this season but we ha our pockets picked..
Yeah, it is odd. We have gone from a solid defensive side, looking like we could win games 1-0 like George Graham’s Arsenal, to suddenly being Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle.
I guess it’s entertaining though and not many sides will put 3 past Man U and then 5 past Spurs.

Lol at we're going to go into the derby without Gomes, Allan, James and DCL, aren't we? And all we've heard all season is how many injuries Liverpool have.
Allan is back in training so should be in the squad Sunday, James and Gomes too if they’ve been rested as a precaution. DCL we don’t know yet till he’s had a scan

Im not arsed about the cup this year la

You know yourself (or you bang on about it enough) that we are shackled by FFP - only way Carlo gets his rebuild is if this club is in Europe and I dont see a squad big enough to be finishing top 6 and coping with injuries to key players in multiple cup comps.

Big risk tonight - great win but unless we go all the way and win the thing ultimately a pointless one.
don't we get a euro slot if we win the FA cup anymore?

Have any of the pundits actually praised Everton for the spirit we shown tonight or is it still let’s talk more about Spurs and where it went wrong for them.

Bet they’re gutted BT Sport. See how quickly they threw the Spurs chants on as soon as they went ahead or equalised.
I thought BT were shocking particularly after the game, so biased and hardly a word about us; [Poor language removed] them

Status
Not open for further replies.