Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were good to be fair, rightly targeted Godfrey who had no support at all.

we’ll have to learn to win games without Richarlison but it goes to show how good he is because we were utterly clueless today without him.

Mad season, onto the next one.

Absolute coward performance today. The team start the game as if they are 50 points ahead in first place. They might as well don’t show up.

A really bad day, a reversion to the mean, I fear, especially as we seem to have a discipline problem.

An Everton without Richarlison, Digne, and with a semi-fit James is a pretty mediocre side.

Referees are only mad to send our players off, so let's not be idiots and make their day.

I suspect we're going to have some really good days this season, but lack of depth tells me that 7th is still the most realistic target. We're going to be a classic "on our day" side, because the likes of Iwobi cannot be trusted to make par when called on.

Two positives to consider from the end of the game:
1. We have had a blip, BUT are still top; and
2. Nkounkou will now get his chance.

you put your studs on someone's ankle you are probably getting sent off. unintenional, yes, dangerous, also yes
Consider when we played West Brom in 2018 when Solomon Rondon broke James McCarthy’s ankle. Although he clearly made contact and injured a player, there was no card because there was not intent.

to “Endanger another player” the player in question of the red must take an action or make a decision that does so. He did not; there was no challenge and correspondingly there can be no red card.

doesn't deserve to be 3 matches but as I said before if that happened to our players I'd be angry if it wasn't a red.

He's putting his hands in the air pleading innocence even before he makes contact.

Disagree.

He puts his hands int he air to show im not fouling and then accidentally collides. A regular thing in that situation.

It's never a red mate, it just isn't. As accidntal as they come and if that had been a Saints player we'd all be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.