Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Ryan Fraser, he must have been able to sit down with Bournemouth and agree a deal where if he got injured they'd cover any deal (even partially) agreed with another club. If not maybe it's not all him. Who knows?

Zouma experienced Everton. Knew the team, knew the project, knew the ambition. Rather than choosing to be part of what we're building he decided to try and fight for a spot at Chelsea....

He had his shot. I don't want him at this club as he clearly lacks ambition.

People seem to have forgotten that Zouma spent the first 2/3rds of his season with us trying to learn what the offside rule was. Bit like the way everyone forgets all the time Gueye spent with us prior to those last 5 months after his move to PSG fell through.

Gueye was tremendous for us pretty much right the way through his time here.

Doesn't score enough goals blah blah etc...

Zouma experienced Everton. Knew the team, knew the project, knew the ambition. Rather than choosing to be part of what we're building he decided to try and fight for a spot at Chelsea....

Wait...he lacks ambition by trying to fight for a spot in a team who was better than us?

That really doesn't make sense.

For the first 11?
Well the RB, CB, CM walk into the team. The other CM will be part of a 4/5 with Gomes and gbamin when he’s fit.
The attacking player, it depends if he’s a RW, then you would think he’s in over Walcott, if he’s a forward, he then becomes part of the group.

Idk if it’s fair to question his ambition for wanting to fight for a place in a team in the champions league rather than a club at least a few seasons away...

CM, CB, RM/RB.

If we are only bringing in 3 for the first team. Either going into next year with a new RM playing with Coleman/Kenny (maybe Sidibe loan?) or new RB with Walcott/Gordon
I think it depends who we get rid of. But I think we will end up Bringing in 5 players. RB, CB, 2x CM’s and another attacking player
For the first 11?
Well the RB, CB, CM walk into the team. The other CM will be part of a 4/5 with Gomes and gbamin when he’s fit.
The attacking player, it depends if he’s a RW, then you would think he’s in over Walcott, if he’s a forward, he then becomes part of the group.

The obvious areas are RB / RW / CB / CM.

CB: If we can sign Thiago Silva then i like the look of Silva, Holgate and Mina there. My only concern is Michael Keane who I think should be sold and replaced.

+2 players

RB: We really need to sell Kenny and bring in a starting right back. Max Aarons or Emerson would be ideal.

+1 player

CM: If we can sign Hojbjerg then i can see us having:
Hojbjerg / Delph
Gomes / ???

That Teum Koopmeiners seems to be someone who could compete with Gomes for a position If we continue with that type.

+1 player

RM: We need to bring in a star player here to compliment the centre forwards. Someone with lots of pace and ability but still needs some work to develop and isnt going to be massively overpriced. Id say Ismaila Sarr from Watford at a similar £35mil fee that we paid for Richarlison.

+1

So, 5 players needed. My guess is we bring in CB / CM / RW and then sign RB and CB depending on selling Kenny and Keane.

Wait...he lacks ambition by trying to fight for a spot in a team who was better than us?

That really doesn't make sense.

I totally agree. Would he stay with team fighting for 7th/8th spot and no Europe

or

Go back to your team who is fighting for the top 4 and consistently in Europe? Zouma clearly showed ambition.

I believe he only stayed at Chelsea because the transfer ban. If we cannot get Gabriel , Tolidbo or Silva. Zouma would be a logical choice for us.

...Zouma was under contract at Chelsea and Lampard decided to keep him. it’s not that he had the option to stay or go, he just wasn’t made available to Everton.

...he was under contract at Chelsea and Lampard decided to keep him. it’s not that Zouma had the option to stay or go, he just wasn’t made available to Everton.
He got played. Lampard acted like he was part of the plan when in reality he was only needed to cover until Rudiger returned from injury. It was obvious last August, but Zouma fell for it then.

He got played. Lampard acted like he was part of the plan when in reality he was only needed to cover until Rudiger returned from injury. It was obvious last August, but Zouma fell for it then.

....he didn’t have much option, though. If I remember rightly, David Luiz left on transfer deadline day so it was unlikely Zouma was going to be made available. The only chance was for him to kick up a fuss and hand in a transfer request but even then Chelsea were in control of the situation.

Tomori was offered to us on loan, but the Luiz transfer also scuppered that.

The fact Zouma remained at Chelsea was little to do with Zouma.

Status
Not open for further replies.