Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

His LinkedIn, which he weirdly has at the top of his Twitter account there, is an interesting read:
I have worked for BBC Online, The Press Association, Daily Sport, Daily Star, Daily Express and The Mirror, and I've also contributed to a range of magazines, books and websites as well as editing and writing public sector publications for Knowsley Council and Manchester Metropolitan University.

For a man very keen on taking the Kopite moral high ground (arf), he's taken the devil's dollar a lot there hasn't he

Traore's a very naturally talented player but he's one footed and can be inconsistent, still a big upgrade on Walcott though for the RW spot

1 in 3 scoring record for a winger? Even @CRIMHEAD would be impressed with those numbers.
He's not really a true winger. He also deserves some credit, it's not like they have Mendy out there at right back. They've got Dubois, Rafeal, Tete, etc.

That being said, statistically, he's not that great. He does score, but he doesn't create that much - xAs, key passes, chances created, none of them are very good. He doesn't turn it over too much, however, so that's good. His year was certainly disappointing especially compared to last year. I'd not be surprised if Lyon thinks that Cornet can do what he does and maybe even better.

One of the strangest stats he has is his tackles were shocking high last year and have gone way down.

But the stats say we should be concerned.

That stats also say that Memphis Depay is friggin amazing, but that's another story.

He's not really a true winger. He also deserves some credit, it's not like they have Mendy out there at right back. They've got Dubois, Rafeal, Tete, etc.

That being said, statistically, he's not that great. He does score, but he doesn't create that much - xAs, key passes, chances created, none of them are very good. He doesn't turn it over too much, however, so that's good. His year was certainly disappointing especially compared to last year. I'd not be surprised if Lyon thinks that Cornet can do what he does and maybe even better.

One of the strangest stats he has is his tackles were shocking high last year and have gone way down.

That stats also say that Memphis Depay is friggin amazing, but that's another story.

He’s 23 though.

He’s 23 though.
Not sure what your point is. He's a year and a half younger than Depay.

Depay is a fascinating study in statistical analysis if there are any stat heads here bored. Just his xG and xA numbers are mind boggling vs his actual goals and assists. If there is any player to completely refute those concepts, he's an early exhibit.

I wonder what it would take to pry him out of there and have him play CF for us. I think he would fit rather well honestly.

Pffft John Rambo? Wish they would do something new,how about Joey Brexo,making weapons out of arl Dysons,deadly with a chickpea bazooka
Malcom or Traore, one has bags of talent and the other just runs well.
His rep isn't as good as it used to be but I think Traore would be a decent signing, as long as the price is reasonable. Still only 23, quick, tall and decent in front of goal.

Could see our fans getting fed up of him very quickly with him cutting inside every single time he gets the ball if he goes through a rough patch for us.

He's played against us twice and scored in both games to be fair.
He came over from Chelsea for 8M or so. I know I've seen ridiculous quotes of 40M, but he's not that kind of player, and won't go for that much. But if it's over 20-25M, we shouldn't bother. If he expects to start every match, also shouldn't bother.
Another example that the media do not have a clue? We got linked heavily to Malcolm this morning and are apparently meeting with officials early next week and this evening have officially opened talks for Traore. One or both is nonsense.
Watched him Ajax vs Lyon and wanted to punch him a lot.

Don’t think the Bullens will enjoy him
Except that he's left footed, plays on the other wing, can actually shoot and doesn't dedicate his entire footballing career to trying to get on Showboat on Soccer AM.

At 23 Bolasie was playing for Plymouth Argyle in League 1. At 23 Bertrand Traore has almost double the goals Bolasie has in his entire career, played Premier League football for Chelsea, helped Ajax to the Europa League final, helped Lyon to the knockout stage of the Champions League and played over 50 times for his country.
Traore has pace - sign him up.
Traore's a very naturally talented player but he's one footed and can be inconsistent, still a big upgrade on Walcott though for the RW spot

Bertrand Traore is a one trick pony. Gets the ball, cuts in on his left...every...single...time...100% all left foot.

All you need to do is show him on his right and hes useless.

Hopefully this is a smokescreen for Malcom or someone else as Traore isnt worth 50p.

Status
Not open for further replies.