Votes: 138 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 114 40.4%
  • Yes and get Arteta

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

He looked pretty disgusted at last nights performance, so at least one of the coaching staff actually give a dam

By far my favourite player growing up as a kid, but there’s no room for sentimentality in this game, we should appoint the best coaches available to us, regardless of who they played for.

In which respect is his work performance lacking? I am asking those whose expertise can provide a convincing answer. If there is no motivation behind the question, presumably it is a rubbish thread and not worth pursuing?

Lukaku scored 25 league goals last season with Ferguson coaching him, only has 16 this season. And credited Ferguson for him improving and his performances.

Anyone saying DCL hasn’t improved etc, he wasn’t ready to be our first choice striker by a long way, and can’t expect him to suddenly be it.

And tosun has barely had 4 months here, so can’t exactly judge.

None of us actually know if he is any good at coaching, and you don’t have to be a world class player to be a good coach so its irrelevant how good he was as a player.

He bleeds blue and for that he should have a job on our coaching staff for life. I would like similar life-time contracts extended to Capt Jags and Bainsey.

I have said before the only way you will really know how good a coach is is when someone who has been involved at the club and left and has no axe to grind but at the same time no real love for us comes out and tells it like it is.
I would be really interested in hearing what Lukaku said about Ferguson’s coaching now he isn’t with us.
I actually agree with those that say there is no room for sentimentality if we want to aspire to be the best but there is no evidence to say that Big Dunc isn’t both passionate and a very good coach. For those moaning about Ferguson I would suggest that there are more pressing concerns and areas of obvious improvement filling more important positions at the football club before we turn on one of our own.

If we were happy to let Sheedy go, who is a far bigger legend and brought success to the club as a player and youth coach, there's no reason we shouldn't bin Duncan.

Status
Not open for further replies.