Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if we lose the semi it'll be like the situation with Ronnie Deliah at Celtic, announced that he's leaving at the end of the season

Martinez or Teflon Bill won't be able to come back from that. It's a farce, tragedy now and it has to play out. Like watching a slow car crash. Neither will recover, their judgement has been utterly demolished. This is all just the culmination of the woeful direction the club has been taking for a generation.

Time to rebuild during the summer and I welcome that.

My dad stopped watching early on and said this is the worst and most dejected performance he's ever seen/heard from us... and he's been a fan since the 80s.

It tells you something though doesn't it? All the arl ones are saying this is bad, not the "NeW WaVe Of UnDeR 30'S" (@chicoazul ), that's a real low ffs... No fight, no morale, no desire to even play, and that's against the RS!
Our players are a bunch of wetwipes.
We need to bring someone in who can impart a winning mentality onto them.

It's vomit inducing how inept Martinez actually is.He actually started a full strength team and we still got hammered.But hey as Bill Kenwright would say what a manager.If the man has any sense of integrity he will tender his resignation asap.Just go Martinez.

Just want to say a word about supporters who have stood by Martinez, including the obvious one.

I agreed with them in the context of the boards ambition, specifically Bill Kenwright. That ambition has gone south during the last couple of decades and subsequently now we are facing a nadir moment because of the incompetence riven into the club. But that was a different time, expectations were low. That was then, this is now and plucky little Everton, the Peoples club, just isn't going to cut it anymore. But I agreed, that Board and their remit, he wouldn't be sacked and under their stewardship, we'd probably be facing another season of Martinez. More mediocrity and underachievement in other words.

The defence of Martinez was argued passionately and eloquently based on those assumptions. And that's when my opinion began to diverge. Once the premise that we lived within the parameters of wage bill comparisons and expenditure based on our less illustrious peers, had disappeared. The landscape changed.

Regardless of all that, tonight showed. In fact, painfully demonstrated just how far Martinez is out of his league. He was schooled by Klopp tonight. That lot don't have better players. The truth is. They have a far superior manager.

Unfortunately I think, many supporters will be disappointed if they wish to see him fired immediately. I think it's more plausible that he is going to be kept on until at least the semi - final and maybe until the end of the season. But his time is over. And Kenwright's time for that matter too. They're a busted flush.

There's hope though on this darkest of nights, from the ashes we'll be reforged. I sincerely believe that. Actually history has taught me that. And if there's one thing that we as Evertonians have, it's history. I think we are witnessing a turning point. Keep the faith brothers our day will come.

I was a born again Evertonian in 1983, does this mean I have to Reborn again or is the old 'born again' still valid?

4 1/2 hours after the final whistle and Everton is still worldwide trending on Twitter. Probably not a good sign for ol' Bobby.

does this mean I have to Reborn again or is the old 'born again' still valid

Once you're a blue mate. Through hell or high water, you'll die one.

Always proud, never defeated. Defiant and fierce. Tonight you could have put 11 Evertonians on the field who would have embodied that. Let's make no mistake about it. That was a watershed tonight.

I don't blame the players for that, I blame the manager, for picking, signing, coaching players who fail to understand the duty and responsibility that comes with wearing that shirt...and yeah Bill Kenwright too.

I have found a positive - he is closer of getting sacked. And after we lose 5-0 on saturday he will be even closer

With martinez we have absolutely no chance of winning the fa cup. Without scumberto we have, very slim but still, chance of progression

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.