New Everton Stadium Discussion

Well, it appears water front Stadiums are a thing of the past.

Our oval shaped, 55,000 seat, sun roofed stadium is in the way apparently. When they start quoting figures in the Billions for the site value...well, money talks.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...d/news-story/28c6526e89af148f3d8576c28636587c

docklands-and-etihad-stadium-melbourne-brett-price.jpg

Not a bad shout. Not many pubs, but good transport links and closer to Town.

Could build our own boozers in situ, and/or buy & renovate both the Hamlets & the Cunard - both of which are less than 400yds away. Not sure if that one at the top of lambeth rd's still open.

Less than 250 yds from Sandhills station (Trains every 5 mins in both directions and the best part is, a new stadium there will block the view of the barn further up the hill from the station :D ) and it's by/on enough bus routes.

No-brainer for me. (If we must move)

Could build our own boozers in situ, and/or buy & renovate both the Hamlets & the Cunard - both of which are less than 400yds away. Not sure if that one at the top of lambeth rd's still open.

Less than 250 yds from Sandhills station (Trains every 5 mins in both directions and the best part is, a new stadium there will block the view of the barn further up the hill from the station :D ) and it's by/on enough bus routes.

No-brainer for me. (If we must move)
Sounds good to me, The Mystery would be my ideal relocation but I'd certainly be happy with this location considering the club come up with ideas like Kirkby and WHP.

The Copperas Hill shout above is interesting as the area around Lime St is an eyesore. It would need real vision & commitment from the council but if you don't ask...if nothing else it is the most creative bit of thinking in this thread for a while!

Not a bad shout. Not many pubs, but good transport links and closer to Town.

If you're on about the former Royal Mail sorting office building, there are plans to refurb that building as part of the LJMU campus

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/work-set-start-100m-project-10617049

Edit : Just seen someone else made the point already

WHP is far more accessible than a city centre location. I admire the romanticism though
WHP is one road in one road out.

If a city centre site could be found it can be accessed from all rail, road and bus links links possibly using WHP and various other sites for park and ride for those who would still use the car.

Biggest consideration if cost is not to high is our profile, and as already stated we fortunately do not bear the name of our city so being in the city centre would be the next best thing.

They own a huge area that they want to develop. The new stadium could be just what they need to kick it off.....they benefit.....we benefit, and LCC provide whatever facilitation they can to both parties.

That is so right, it would be a catalyst for development in local business, housing, what more could they want?

WHP is far more accessible than a city centre location. I admire the romanticism though

No, it isn't. The city centre had 3 underground stations, a mainline station, countless bus routes and a ferry terminal. Not to mention loads of purpose built car parks. Building at WHP would cause a huge traffic jam before and after the match. Ditto Stonebridge Cross.

A number of potential suitors of Everton, prior to Mr Moshiri, have looked at Clarence Dock which seems to be the obvious location, yet the issue that is not resolved, even with Mr Moshiri's involvement and investment, is who invests alongside Everton. Peel Holdings are not keen for a stand alone stadium, they are looking for additional developers to come in alongside any stadium development - to the best of my knowledge those developers have not yet been identified.

But surely Peel themselves must appreciate a start has to be made to regenerate the area so why not a stadium? As I said in another post this could be the catalyst for development of the area.

No, it isn't. The city centre had 3 underground stations, a mainline station, countless bus routes and a ferry terminal. Not to mention loads of purpose built car parks. Building at WHP would cause a huge traffic jam before and after the match. Ditto Stonebridge Cross.

If Thats the case it straight out rules WHP out right? Or does it? LCC might be willing to work those problems out?

But surely Peel themselves must appreciate a start has to be made to regenerate the area so why not a stadium? As I said in another post this could be the catalyst for development of the area.

My understanding is that Peel would want a much more complete development than just a stadium, so they/we would need the commitment of other developers around the stadium location. A stand alone stadium potentially reduces the development value of surrounding land, so it has to come as a package.

It's a poor site from the point of view of public transport provision and because it is not centrally located it would never reach the maximum 24/7 use that something nearer the city centre would do.
Again...if thats the case it must not be a part of our plans...in the other hand I believe it was already in our plans some time ago....why....if these problems you say are true..

Just a point regarding Peel. They own the waterfront but there is still loads of room in so called brownfield sites the other side of the road. The are any number of sites that could be cleared from just north of the city centre to the border with Bootle parallel with the riverfront. Peel don't own any of that.