Match Thread Manchester City(1) Vs Everton(2) - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 2nd Leg - Weds 27th Jan - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
That city fan who did the drawing was serious, but is now just winding people up. Does not matter that a ball is over-hanging the line (which it isn't, in any case), what matters is that the ball is touching the line. It wasn't, it was out.

Yet others are criticising Roberto because he selected Stones to play at right back in place of Coleman.

Roberto just can't win. It's another stick to hit him with.

That's it mate. It's catch 22. Talksport twits criticising him for not keeping a clean sheet (even though we;re the only side to keep a clean sheet against City in over a year), while our fans criticise him for not being attacking enough.

All the fume and moan and general malaise other have posted already... well put me in that bandwagon.

I want to be entertained. I dont find the current cattle prodding we see each game to be all that entertaining.

City had 19 attempts to 4 and hit the post twice. Yes they were awarded a goal that definitely should have been disallowed but they have a case in saying that Barkleys goal should have been disallowed also.

We weren't robbed by the officials we were never going to withstand their assault the way we set up, as in the same way we set up every match and with (it hurts to say this) Leon Osman as a passenger, cleverly on the pitch and our first choice RB warming the bench so stones could be shoe horned into the team.
The issue is we were well beaten. Aguero was different class. All this, it was over the line stuff (yes it was clearly over the line) is just smoke and mirrors, to hide the facts you have stated (altho thought Osman did have good spots). We lost again, the question is what do we as a club do about it.

The issue is we were well beaten. Aguero was different class. All this, it was over the line stuff (yes it was clearly over the line) is just smoke and mirrors, to hide the facts you have stated (altho thought Osman did have good spots). We lost again, the question is what do we as a club do about it.

We should buy Aguero as cover for Lukaku.

I concur, too many conspiracy theories in here today. City should've had a last minute penalty against us in the league a couple of weeks ago - some people seem to have forgotten about that pretty quickly.

That city fan who did the drawing was serious, but is now just winding people up. Does not matter that a ball is over-hanging the line (which it isn't, in any case), what matters is that the ball is touching the line. It wasn't, it was out.

Don't wish to be a pedant mate, but the whole of the ball has to be over the line, not just the bottom of the ball being over the line.

An academic point as clearly all the ball was over the line anyway. ;)

I concur, too many conspiracy theories in here today. City should've had a last minute penalty against us in the league a couple of weeks ago - some people seem to have forgotten about that pretty quickly.

No, we haven't at all. But a penalty is not a guaranteed goal is it. It's also subjective.

The ball went over the line, clearly. It was a definite, 100%, situation. A penalty is opinion.

But we lost to a team that cost £500mil and had to net three goals to get through? Away from home, I might add. Fgs. I swear, you lot would moan that we could do better against Barca. And guess what, if not for a crooked ref who made up his own rule and missed one of the most blatantly obvious decisions all season, no, slate the manager.

But we lost to a team that cost £500mil and had to net three goals to get through? Away from home, I might add. Fgs. I swear, you lot would moan that we could do better against Barca. And guess what, if not for a crooked ref who made up his own rule and missed one of the most blatantly obvious decisions all season, no, slate the manager.
I accept that there are probably 3 general views on this....Yours, which is just accept anything no matter how bad it gets (and wear this veiw as a badge of honour)...mine, which is that as a supporter of my club, who follows the Blues all over the place, I deserve better from my club, and would change things to try and put it right....the 3rd veiw is probably something inbetween

Status
Not open for further replies.