Everton v Newcastle. 15th March at 16.00.

The thing you like most about Newcastle?

• The nightlife

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • The generally pleasant people

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • THE UTTER FILTH HOUND WOMEN

Votes: 114 42.1%
  • Peter Beardsley

Votes: 53 19.6%
  • Ant & Dec

Votes: 29 10.7%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 33 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle Nags run for your lives

man_punches_horse__404333a.jpg

Of course there's no way of proving that - it's an opinion!

It's not the direction of the pass that is the problem with Besic, it's the time he takes to do it, but he'll quicken that up with experience as he gets used to the league - he's only a few months on from playing in Hungary after all.
The speed of the pass could also be due to the lack of movement up front. Either way it doesn't matter. Saying it is the reason why we won is very harsh and also very wrong.

Looks like we will drop two places today, only Villa, Burnley, Leicester and QPR below us. But tomorrow we start the climb back up. 3-0 home win. Barkley to score and start his return to form. Lennon to skin the full back and cut one back for McCarthy. Mirellas to stick one unto Lukaku's head.
Not
too much to ask for, is it.

Not a bad prediction.
We will draw 1-1 in Kiev, Lukaku
We will beat QPR 2-1 Coleman and Naismith.

Martinez will have learned how we need to play and now kick on.

I'll settle for that

my point was that he could actually break forward because Coleman was hanging back more often. It looks like a more two sided arrangement today rather than the usual McCarthy just covering for Coleman.
It gives us just a bit more variation,stops us being as predictable as we were.
Also goes to show what I've been saying since he joined, that he does have it in his locker to maraud forward is Bobby allows him, which many on here have laughed at.

.....very good point. I agree. We have certainly set up to cover Baines (with Barry) and Coleman (with MCCarthy) that perhaps we have become too predictable. I think Gibson coming in automatically makes us more expansive, he plays the Barry role with a bit more swagger and freedom. As you point out, players covering for whoever breaks forward provides more options.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the pub in Durham city centre watching that today surrounded by barcodes...

A triumphant smile crept across my face on various occasions; none more so than when I went to the bar and removed my jacket, only to reveal the full glory of the Everton shirt that lay beneath.

Good times.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the pub in Durham city centre watching that today surrounded by barcodes...

A triumphant smile crept across my face on various occasions; none more so than when I went to the bar and removed my jacket, only to reveal the full glory of the Everton shirt that lay beneath.

Good times.

panto.jpg

Good job you didnt like.

Good times.

Did any Geordies remove their jackets to reveal the full glory of their sweaty, scrawled tattoos under stretched wife beaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.