realistic transfer improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with this summer's dealings were we never really bulked out the squad for the europa, would have liked to have seen us use the loan market a bit more and atsu may aswell and not joined when you consider the lack of game time he has had alongside the ACON coming up

I agree to a certain extent mate. I think he could have brought a couple more in on loan. Atsu I think was worth the punt and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go on a mini in run before he sods off for the ACON. Worth a punt and if it doesn't work out nothing is lost. I think we will be straight in for Perisic in Jan, if not him then someone who can provide width and pop a ball in and nab the odd goal.

Like many I think that perisic and nastasic would be nice adds.....not sure about how realistic perisic is though.....

Also, quite liked what I saw from kjaer against us last Thursday. Definitely one to keep an eye on, particularly if nastasic is not an option or too pricey. Thought his effort and his attitude were top notch.

Konoplyanka and cleverly are possibilities as well (cleverly next summer on a free). Would think we might do well to make a run on konoplyanka before he is free......

New 2nd keeper next summer....needs to be one that can be the man down the road.

The Andre Ayew transfer talk has started again and I can't help but dream. Mirallas/Barkley/Ayew. He's twice the player mcgeady and pienaar could hope to be IMO.

Love Kovacic and you have to think at some point Inter will start to sell off because their financials are a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Ive said it before and i'll say it again, Shawcross and Begovic
That would seal 4th in my opinion, if we're in the hunt come January
Would love begovic but he'd cost a fortune,

And shawcross is a yard dog of a player who'd cost a fair bit too, wouldnt want him near us

Like Begovic, but Shawcroft wouldn't be great in Europe, I feel?
Reid would be a cheaper option of similar quality I feel. Perhaps less dirty than Shawcross too.
Quality CB coming to the end of his contract so going cheaply.

I feel we can do good business and fill the gaps in our squad quite comfortably with quality players approaching end of contract tbh.
Left Mid can be covered by Konoplyanka, Dzsudzsak or Yarmolenko, while Reid and Ranocchia and Schar would fill CB for either Distin or Alcaraz leaving, and RB could be covered by Abate or Liechensteiner.
Main areas of squad weakness fixed fairly cheaply.

That Shawcross guy is a c%^t.
He hurts people and trips them up when they are not expecting it,we don't want a pr*¥k like that in our Everton.
I heard that he takes strange kids by the hand,and as he crosses the road to school with said pan lids,he barges into the lollipop man on school crossing and sometimes kicks him in the gonads accidentally on purple blue.
He once broke the leg of a lollipop lady..the b%*^ard.

Would love begovic but he'd cost a fortune,

And shawcross is a yard dog of a player who'd cost a fair bit too, wouldnt want him near us
I agree Shawcross is a yard dog, but I think sometimes we're a bit too nice and could do with a bruiser or two
Chelsea are far from saints and the Ferguson ManU teams were hard
In our Golden Days in the 80s we didnt take any prisoners!

I agree Shawcross is a yard dog, but I think sometimes we're a bit too nice and could do with a bruiser or two

Neither did our great sides in the 60's - all of them could look after themselves and the opposition !!

Besic, mccarthy, Barry and stones are all happy to deliver crunchers if necessary. Somehow manage to do it with class though.

Btw I think Martinez takes attitude and personality into account a lot more than some managers might, so it's worth thinking about that when talking about potential signings. Though that's very hard to judge from a fan's point of view.

But he suffers from the same problem alot of our fans are moaning about with our current players, hes slow and is prone to being caught out with clever movement. Not the best passer too and stoke wouldnt consider anything under 10 mil for him, which would be absolute criminal if we paid that.

Think we've got just the right amount of snide in our team now

Status
Not open for further replies.