Jack rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree. There is a very good player in there. Injuries were his main problem.

I'd have him back no problem.

Funny how some feel any player they deem good who is a blue and one of us MUST stay or they become traitors. A player THEY don't deem good enough they turn on quicker than bread goes stale and being one of ours doesn't matter! Haha..

Jeez, what's with the past tense?

2011/2012 was very much a season of two halves for us. Rodwell and Gibson both started 11 games for us and never played together. With Rodwell from those 11 games we got 10 points. With Gibson we got 23. There was also an article floating around at the time comparing them and noting Gibson's impact on the side.

Rodwell is still young at 23 but he hasn't developed at all since he left. The point is that when he left he wasn't even a nailed-on first choice and now we're a better side I'm not sure he's ready or good enough to be a first choice now.

Also, due to his injury record I couldn't see Bobby risking relying on Gibson or Rodwell to partner McCarthy. Which leads me to think if we did sign Rodwell, we'd be in for someone else as well which would mean Rodwell could end up being 3rd or 4th choice which wouldn't be good for his development.

One more thing. I doubt City would be selling cheaply. He's useful for their homegrown quota.

Last edited:

Like the lad but thought, through no fault of his own, he was a pawn for the ££££££££££££ that Citeh and Chelsea have like countless other young talent they,ve bought to deprive other clubs from mounting serious challenge to their ultimate goal which is to win titles.

And lets face it, its worked. But i cant help wondering are we whores to money to sell our best young players to sit on bench and them to take the Queens shilling??????????

Jack Rodwell could most certainly have been on the plain to Brazil under Roberto, of that i have no doubt,,,,,, he, like most youngsters were lured and benched...........

If this ever happened to Ross i,d be gutted, let them express themselves the way Martinez allows them to. And yes, i would have Jack back!

He's not good enough for us, never was and never will be.

We aren't some sort of charity. Also what's the obsession with resigning former players

I remember him being lionised before his sale, much like Barkley is now, and Moyes criticised for selling him.

A friend of mine spoke to Jacks patents last week, (neighbours) and they said we already spoke to Jack 8 weeks back about returning and they were hoping it could be sorted out!

A friend of mine spoke to Jacks patents last week, (neighbours) and they said we already spoke to Jack 8 weeks back about returning and they were hoping it could be sorted out!
if thats true then you'd hope Bobby thinks he can fix his legs, which makes me ok with it as long as the fee is looooooowwwww

Yeah. That's all that I was told. I think bobby would get the best out of him to be honest, positive and attacking!

We're getting a very solid core of English/British players now!

low fee stacked with add-ons. Hopefully Barry will be back and along with Gibson and McCarthy, rodwell could potentially be a very good squad/4th choice, which with the added European games were gonna need the extra bodies.

Will be very interesting to see what bobby could do with rodwell.

It could be the signing of the century if we buy him on the cheap and he fulfills the touted promise, but in the many many games I watched him he gave barely a handful of moments suggesting he'd even get close. Utterly mediocre for me, crucially lacking positional sense and a footballing brain. Seemed to wander about the pitch in a daze most of the time.

Can only hope when it comes to his hype there's no smoke without fire and that Roberto is the man to relight it

Status
Not open for further replies.