Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about that, tbh.

I'd have to look it up but my gut instinct is under Martinez that our points total against the teams below us in the league has improved more than the points total vs the teams above.

I think looking at how many of our points have been gained vs the top 5, bottom 5 and middle 10 is interesting in terms of what it tells us about teams. And I imagine that this year we'll have improved most vs the latter.

Probably straying off topic here, so I'll keep this short.

I haven't looked it up either, so I'm not sure. You might be right in terms of results (which I know is all that really matters at the end of the day), but I mean more about performances.

I'm thinking back to those run of home games, think it was West Ham, Cardiff, Swansea. I was delighted that we won them, but it wasn't half hard (and a little dull to watch), and the players just didn't seem up for it as much as we do against the bigger teams. Also, the defeat to Palace at home, and the struggle to beat Fulham/Sunderland away, and the loss to Southampton.

We've played great at times this season, but we've also rode our luck a bit, and I'm concerned that when that luck runs out, those narrow wins become draws. That's why I want Martinez to get our players more fired up against those sort of teams and turn narrow wins, into more convincing and comfortable wins.

Anyway, that wasn't as short as I'd planned, so apologies!

Yep.

13 years posting on the official site, over 18,000 posts & I'm only 28.

Desperately hoping for you guys to get something Saturday.

If we miss out on the title & you miss top 4 at least we both have managers we can trust & hope for the future.

Abramovich & the Arabs won't be around forever.

You're not Scouse, are you? We don't say 'you guys'

Still, it doesn't stop you being a Red

They're my joint-favourite team, but I numbered Everton first as they come ahead in the alphabet.
Angry Samuel L Jackson.jpg

How badly did your lot feel when you "lost" to Chelsea, so that Utd didn't win the league to overtake your tally? Were you devastated by the loss of glory? Get real. If there was anything in this for us, we'd be screaming for an Everton win. It just happens the only meaningful thing that can happen is that your team might be back in with a chance of winning the league after you lot realized that you hadn't actually won it yet (after getting schooled by Chelsea's reserves at home).

I wouldn't be so quick to talk about getting schooled, lid. We battered you silly at Anfield.

I don't know about my "lot" but personally I don't like to see my team lose no matter who else it helps, as a club and a fan base I have more respect for the Mancs than Chelsea.

Anyway, thank Fowler your manager doesn't have the same mentality. Class act is Martinez.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-vs-manchester-city-liverpool-3481607

Can the next person who replies to an obviously sarcastic post as if it's serious be banned and then sterilized, please?

Because he said he doesn't live in liverpool. Normally and is the case 99% of the time, you follow that line up with the word ' anymore ' .... if you once did.

Sorry mate I'm going to need you to report to your local doctor.

In a practical sense, it's stopping Liverpool becoming champions of England and suddenly reigning in talent from all over Europe.

I'm not sure them becoming champions will make much of a difference to bringing talent in. Yes, talent is attracted by success, but the main draw is Champions League footie and money. None of us want them to win the league, but if it happens, hopefully it's a one-off and won't make that much difference to their revenue.

Some of the more righteous posters who are accusing others of being 'Liverpool obsessed' are missing the wider point.

Them winning the title boosts their worldwide profile tenfold and marginalises EFC even further as the perceived 2nd club in the city, further reducing our chances of proper investment, attracting better players, etc.

This is about the effect on EVERTON and our future, and not just about rivalry.

This is why it is not wrong to prefer a City win. Bigger picture.

I wouldn't be so quick to talk about getting schooled, lid. We battered you silly at Anfield.

I don't know about my "lot" but personally I don't like to see my team lose no matter who else it helps, as a club and a fan base I have more respect for the Mancs than Chelsea.

Anyway, thank Fowler your manager doesn't have the same mentality. Class act is Martinez.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-vs-manchester-city-liverpool-3481607

I think Roberto is quite intelligent which is why there isn't a headline stating what he actually thinks...

For a man who has spent a lot of his first season trying to understand Everton and its history, I think he knows exactly what the fans fear...

May 2nd 2010:- Liverpool 0 - Chelsea 2 - oh the irony Chelsea needing a win to more or less cement the league title away from the hands of Man United... a Steven Gerrard "careless" backpass went straight to Didier Drogba who put Chelsea ahead. Outside the ground Liverpool fans gladly bought the half Chelsea half Liverpool scarves to show solidarity against Man United.... what goes around eh....

You do realise you have about £30M worth of players out on loan don't you. Liverpool are not as poor as your fans or media like to make out.
No mate. They are paupers compared to those nasty oil barons and their wealth. And anyway, Liverpool are a club who have been funded by the only ethical billionaires on earth, who've all fallen in line with "the Liverpool way".

Liverpool winning the league would be horrible but is it really going to turn into Dante's inferno? It would raise their profile but Everton as a club are on the way up. One league title will not reverse that. I want Everton to win, but if City win I will also be happy. Win-win for me. Unless there's a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.