Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great potential, but I wouldn't be putting money on that he will be a Barcelona regular in the future.just my opinion.
nice to see him sign on for another year if the rumours are indeed true,and think we'll see a better footballer next year,quick feet etc but his footballing brain isn't the best at present.

That tweet was 4 days ago, did you see me post about it prior to today?...No...Barcelona fans and his twitter feed will corroborate much of what I gleamed from that tweet as well...It's logic, particularly when you consider the circumstances & timing of the tweet
No idea if you've posted about it before and neither do I care. You live in a dream world lad, it's not logic in fact its the opposite of that - it's twitter. 'Never assume...' as they say

Really is the most frustrating player in our squad for me. Might have bags of potential and on a very few occasions he has shown glimpses of that potential. If Roberto wants him back for another season and Barca are prepared to loan him again, that's fine with me. Just hope he takes on board the things he learned this season, or otherwise he will again spend a lot of time sitting on the bench collecting splinters in his arse.

Just saw this on an Everton FB group: "BREAKING: Everton and Barcelona have agreed in principle for Gerard Deulofeu to continue on loan for another season. Barcelona have also wavered Everton's loan fee as they are pleased with his progress on Merseyside."
have they waived, or are they wavering? lol

Reading the comments in here most of you would be happy to see him leave anyway since he doesn't warrant being a part of the rotation...Clinging to news from Madrid based papers, however, is consistent with that sort of thinking

A lot of things in flux at Barcelona atm, it'll be awhile before the dust settles
I cannot of course comment for others, but I think Deulofeu is an AWESOME talent...and comes across as a good kid. You are right about the state of flux/uncertainty at Barcelona thus I am taking the news of his loan extension with a grain of salt. Ambiguously, it would be sweet news if true.

So...are you saying that he should be starting for us every week?

We are playing Barry and Lukaku every week...if your suggestion is that we aren't playing him because he's a loanee.

I've addressed this point before, Lukaku & Barry are loanees you have a shot at signing...Deulofeu, not at all

but..isnt your club very satisfied how he has developed under martinez?

I like Martinez and I've enjoyed watching Everton so sure there are positives to it...As for my club, I couldn't speculate whether they are happy or not just that the terms of the loan were weighted in such a financial manner to encourage playing him more...So from that perspective, it wouldn't appear that the club would be happy don't you think?...As for fans, most I have had conversations with want him back in Spain to play more...Not so much a criticism of Everton or the Premiership but that he isn't playing enough which goes back to my argument which is that if he's going to be bench fodder, why not be that at his parent club where he will ultimately play...I think some are confusing what loans are intended to provide, I realize that they are often used differently in the Premiership but Barcelona count on Gerard - he represents the future

Right, so when Barcelona do loan him to use for another season, will you accept that you alone have the contrary opinion to his parent club, Everton, 99.9% of Everton fans and the vast majority of planet Earth? And then perhaps look at finding out exactly why you're in such a minority?

The implication on your part is that my take on the player and his loan status at Everton is a minority one among Barcelona fans, you're assuming far too much without a shred of evidence to back it up...Most fans I know, want him back now

Why do you think he would be starter there?
Sevilla and Villareal use to buy low and sell high. Valencia is doing the same now.
They rarely get players on loan.

Racing? LOL. Racing are in the equivalent of league one in the spanish league.
Clueless.

Sounds like you know little about the Primera, your comments are far off the mark

What you're not getting is that he's been sent over here to be developed in the same way Ronaldo was when he was at Manchester United, and they're two similar players in that respect.

In England, Ronaldo "toughened up" and added to his skill on the ball with a physical dominance so that he ran with pace, skill and power. Deulofeu has shown rapid improvements but he's not there yet, but he's getting there.

You really aren't listening when people tell you time and time again that we all rate the kid massively and can see the buzz about him, but if you really think he'll get the same experience at a Spanish side then you're deluded quite frankly. As Martinez said lately, he's "starting to become unpredictable with his unpredictability; in the one versus one situations, making the decisions when to use a trick and when not to." Starting.

He's not the finished article, but he's a teenager benefiting from the English game and coming on leaps and bounds - you're just too limited in your mindset to understand what is actually happening with him because you're counting the minutes on the pitch fastidiously as the sole point of references. 26 appearances this season for a successful English club, playing football the right way. As a Barcelona fan, you should be over the moon!

CR, the diver?...Yeah, I can see how much he's toughened up

Actually, you're the one far more guilty of delusion if you think Gerard running into acres of space in the Premiership equates to what he will see when playing for Barcelona or other Primera sides...It was the physicality of the league and needing to track back constantly that was always going to be the biggest asset to coming to the Premiership...I knew he would eventually beat defenders with ease in England but I didn't think he'd adapt so quickly...Find one post, just one, where I've claimed he's the finished article - no point in repeating that line over & over...I know, certainly more than most here, what Deulofeu is and has been as a player for several years...I don't need to see him become the finished article in England, I just wanted to see him against more physical defenders and doing better to track back & press

IMHO, he is a lock to be a star...an absolute lock if there ever was one, I have no doubts about this

Status
Not open for further replies.