Miguel Veloso

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see "when" or "if" he moves to England.

Manuel Fernandes was called a "defensive midfielder" in Portugal, I think we can all agree that he's not at all.

Tom Huddlestone is called a defensive midfielder by some people, as Is Xabi Alonso. In my opinion, they are not.

Ok, hes playing as mainly a DM. If he was to come to England it would depend to which team and which role they wanted him to play, hes got the talent to play anywhere along the Centre of Midfield. Either as DM, Box-Box, Deep lying playmaker, complete midfielder. He still only young, im sure somebody could mould him into what ever they wanted him to be.

Ok, hes playing as mainly a DM. If he was to come to England it would depend to which team and which role they wanted him to play, hes got the talent to play anywhere along the Centre of Midfield. Either as DM, Box-Box, Deep lying playmaker, complete midfielder. He still only young, im sure somebody could mould him into what ever they wanted him to be.

He's not very mobile, a little slow in my opinion. He's not going to get from box to box...

He plays deep, he gets on the ball and makes the team he's playing for tick. He's a deep lying playmaker.:)

Hes not coming, so i aint having this pathetic conversation with you, your wrong and you know your wrong, be a man and admit your wrong, it would be wrong not to.

Hes not coming, so i aint having this pathetic conversation with you, your wrong and you know your wrong, be a man and admit your wrong, it would be wrong not to.

Fair enough, back away like a loser.

I'm throwing things at you that you simply can't handle. Either step up your game or "Walk on" my friend.;)

Arteta a deep lying midfeilder Tb your the master of inventing positions! Hes a playmaker wheather in the defence or attack, hes not and never will be a defensive midfeilder.

Hel be a second striker next!

Are we really having a thread saying we dont need Veloso! Ive seen it all now!

Last edited:
we'll get him in a bundle along with moutinho.

provided we find 35 million lying around.

If we ask City kindly they might lend us some.

It would help in their attempt to piss all of their money away

They've all ready blown £35m today on Bellamyand De Jong.

Deep lying midfeilder Tb your the master of inventing positionions! Hes a playmaker wheather in the defence or attack, hes not and never will be a defensive midfeilder.

Hel be a second striker next!

Are we really having a thread saying we dont need Veloso! Ive seen it all now!

Who are you talking about Neiler, which player?

I'm saying I'd rather have a different type of central midfielder to Veloso, someone who can compliment Arteta. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I wouldn't by any means say no to Veloso (if we had money) but he wouldn't be my first choice (if we had money).

Fair enough, back away like a loser.

I'm throwing things at you that you simply can't handle. Either step up your game or "Walk on" my friend.;)

I wasnt giving up, i dont give up, im not a quiter.

A DLP(Deep Lying Playmaker) screens the back 4, helps out his Defensive midfielder, he will screen the back 4 and may sit deeper than the DM, his job is to back up the DM, plays deep and doesnt tend to leave his own half, he is given the ball by his team mates as often as they can and is mostly closed down very quickly by the other team, because they know he can hurt them. In our recent formation, Mikel Arteta has filled this role, a suitable replacement would be Moutinho.

A Defensive Midfielder also screens the back 4, but tackles more and closes down people a lot more, his job is to protect the back 4, he knows he has cover behind him with his DLP, so he would not play as deep as the DLP, he will chase and tackle for most of the game. He will mostly play simple balls and will try to pass to his DLP as much as he can. He will hardly leave his own half. Neville is our current DM, a suitable replacement would be Veloso.

Who are you talking about Neiler, which player?

I'm saying I'd rather have a different type of central midfielder to Veloso, someone who can compliment Arteta. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I wouldn't by any means say no to Veloso (if we had money) but he wouldn't be my first choice (if we had money).

Speaking about Arteta mate, Carrick, Fernandes and Alonso all three are play makers, protected by other midfeilders in our case Neville and Fellaini.

I dont know what this deep lying midfeilder thing is, all those players are playmakers who yes can pick up the ball deep i.e. every player has defensive responisibilities but their real quailities come out in the top 40 of the pitch. We play five in the middle to enable us to play Arteta centraly. The need to pidgeon hole is beyond me, Arteta is deep lying, Fellaini is apparently an out and out attacking midfeilder and now apparently Cahill was never a midfeilder but a second striker, hmm maybe there just midfeilders with different qualites that compliment, and offer us different options in games based on these qualites. Pidgeon holeing each is frankly belieing eachs importance to the team both defensiveily and in an attacking sense. I think weve been starved of well rounded players for to many years around.

Evertoians just cant get their heads around it.

Last edited:
I wasnt giving up, i dont give up, im not a quiter.

A DLP(Deep Lying Playmaker) screens the back 4, helps out his Defensive midfielder, he will screen the back 4 and may sit deeper than the DM, his job is to back up the DM, plays deep and doesnt tend to leave his own half, he is given the ball by his team mates as often as they can and is mostly closed down very quickly by the other team, because they know he can hurt them. In our recent formation, Mikel Arteta has filled this role, a suitable replacement would be Moutinho.

A Defensive Midfielder also screens the back 4, but tackles more and closes down people a lot more, his job is to protect the back 4, he knows he has cover behind him with his DLP, so he would not play as deep as the DLP, he will chase and tackle for most of the game. He will mostly play simple balls and will try to pass to his DLP as much as he can. He will hardly leave his own half. Neville is our current DM, a suitable replacement would be Veloso.

I'll come back to you when I've finished with Neiler.

When you have two centre mids, they are just centre mids but usually one is more licensed to go forward than the other. All this has come about because of the out and out defensive midfielder, the Makelele position. Before Makelele that position was always more complicated and was played in the way that Arteta talks about, the Guardiola style. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having no out and out defensive midfielder, it just depends on your tactics. Carsley was a Makelele clone, so are players like Zokora and Obi Mikel. Arteta isn't, Neville isn't, Carrick isn't, Moutinho isn't, Veloso isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.