This Saturday Everton remember the Championship winning side of 1962/63 at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noharmdone

Requested to be banned
2882zcw.jpg

This Saturday, Everton Football Club will acknowledge the title winning side of 1962/63 at Goodison during the Fulham game.
Now then, we do this well, our Chairman ( who was watching you know where ) does this well..

The club will have a special matchday program for the game, I hope its a replica like back in the day..

14e8njr.jpg

Some of us younger Blues wont remember this side, but the older ones who I know all say that Roy Vernon was the business..

2rm1seg.jpg

I hope our current crop look at the images on Saturday, and then look in the mirror... Even the manager.
Then as they run out onto Goodison, I hope they get goose bumps..

2l6yw5.jpg

A lot of the team are no longer with us.. Lets hope the ones who are have a boss day !!

Always Classy.. Come on you Blue boys.

....I am fortunate enough to just about recall the day. I was nearly 8 years old at the time. Love for you younger guys to see a bit of the Blue glory I have witnessed, you all deserve it so much.

2882zcw.jpg

This Saturday, Everton Football Club will acknowledge the title winning side of 1962/63 at Goodison during the Fulham game.
Now then, we do this well, our Chairman ( who was watching you know where ) does this well..

The club will have a special matchday program for the game, I hope its a replica like back in the day..

14e8njr.jpg

Some of us younger Blues wont remember this side, but the older ones who I know all say that Roy Vernon was the business..

2rm1seg.jpg

I hope our current crop look at the images on Saturday, and then look in the mirror... Even the manager.
Then as they run out onto Goodison, I hope they get goose bumps..

2l6yw5.jpg

A lot of the team are no longer with us.. Lets hope the ones who are have a boss day !!

Always Classy.. Come on you Blue boys.
derek temple goes every home game still ,

....I am fortunate enough to just about recall the day. I was nearly 8 years old at the time. Love for you younger guys to see a bit of the Blue glory I have witnessed, you all deserve it so much.

Thanks.

Derek is best mates with a good mate of mine, they played football together at Schoolboy level (in fact Stoke tried to poach both of them offering Derek a first team place (at 17) and my mate a spot in the reserves. Derek just told the scout "you must have the wrong guy I got lucky" (they'd been playing incognito in a tournament in The Isle of Man and Temple scored a hatful. Derek said the other day that he couldn't even remember the name of the player who slipped when he scored the winner in the '66 Final. Class act.

Alex Parker was a family friend and a regular visitor to my grandfather's. He became a carpenter after he finished and one of the things he did for him was make a coffin for a pet. My Dad told me he dropped in on him in Scotland a few years ago.

Last edited:

derek temple goes every home game still ,
I have seen all of the players in the picture play:

Back row: left to right not sure on the fella n the tie, Kay,Meagan,Scott, Labone,Temple, West , fella on the end,

Front Row: Catterick, Gabriel,Parker, Moores, Stevens ,Dunlop, Vernon and Young.

Anyone know who the 2 I couldn't name are? of if any of theses are wrong?

I have seen all of the players in the picture play:

Back row: left to right not sure on the fella n the tie, Kay,Meagan,Scott, Labone,Temple, West , fella on the end,

Front Row: Catterick, Gabriel,Parker, Moores, Stevens ,Dunlop, Vernon and Young.

Anyone know who the 2 I couldn't name are? of if any of theses are wrong?

Far left Gordon Watson?

It's Tommy Egglestone.

If you can't read the bottom it says

Tom Egglestone, Tony Kay, Mick Meagan, Alex Scott, Brian Labone, Derek Temple, Gordon West, Roy Parnell (who still goes in the Shrewsbury over the water)

Harry Catterick, Jimmy Gabriel, Alec Parker, John Moores, Denis Stevens, Albert Dunlop, Roy Vernon, Alex Young

Nice signed item eh?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.