Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Moyes' post match comments about him recovering from his injury. He said he wasn't up to snuff in training, so why he'd play him I haven't got a friggin clue. What was wrong with keeping the young lad from Kilmarnock on the bench and giving him a chance?

He is a nice tidy foootballer but at the moment way off the pace of the prem - never a right winger - looked better in the middle - he needs time maybe a run out in the under 18 team to get some fitness?

Lots of knee jerking on here so I guess it's going to have to take some calm, sense of perspective.

I specifically watched how he played the second half. What I mean by that is that I watched HIM whenever he was on my screen. More specifically:

1) How did he do with the ball?
2) How did he do off the ball?
3) How was he defensively?
4) How was he offensively?
5) How many misplaced passes did he have?
6) How many times did he lose possession for us?

etc...etc... You get my drift.

My general assessment was that he got better as the match wore on and got more into the flow of the match. I specifically remember two layoffs/flicks that lead to opportunities. I don't recall him slacking on his defensive duties and allowing Sunderland a free run into a dangerous spot. He's not afraid to try things but doesn't hang his head if they don't come off.

I think that Tubey might have said it best in terms of his best position being in behind Jelavic and Fellaini currently occupying that spot so he's forced to play elsewhere.

Overall, I certainly don't think he's the crap player that some are saying but I do see room for improvement. I think he's the type of player that needs some consistent playing time to get into a rhythm and he just hasn't had that with us. He's a good squad player to have and I sure wouldn't consider getting rid of him for any reason at all right now.

Looked miles better once Neville went off. Give the lad a break. It's a bit early yet.

Good shout, I thought he was well off the pace up to that point, but in the last 15 mins he put in a more terrier like performance, not sure if that had anything to do with Neville going off though, I think he just pulled his sleeves up and got stuck in. Give the lad time, having said that, I would have liked to see Oviedo coming on for Miralles.

He's a better option than Vic on the wing and Coleman seems to be more effective bombing forward from full back than he is as a winger.

I suspect there's some sort of anti-Scotism going on here.

Lots of knee jerking on here so I guess it's going to have to take some calm, sense of perspective.

I specifically watched how he played the second half. What I mean by that is that I watched HIM whenever he was on my screen. More specifically:

1) How did he do with the ball?
2) How did he do off the ball?
3) How was he defensively?
4) How was he offensively?
5) How many misplaced passes did he have?
6) How many times did he lose possession for us?

etc...etc... You get my drift.

My general assessment was that he got better as the match wore on and got more into the flow of the match. I specifically remember two layoffs/flicks that lead to opportunities. I don't recall him slacking on his defensive duties and allowing Sunderland a free run into a dangerous spot. He's not afraid to try things but doesn't hang his head if they don't come off.

I think that Tubey might have said it best in terms of his best position being in behind Jelavic and Fellaini currently occupying that spot so he's forced to play elsewhere.

Overall, I certainly don't think he's the crap player that some are saying but I do see room for improvement. I think he's the type of player that needs some consistent playing time to get into a rhythm and he just hasn't had that with us. He's a good squad player to have and I sure wouldn't consider getting rid of him for any reason at all right now.

Too much analysis he has neither the touch, pace or speed of thought.

Unlike Gibson who surprised by fitting in and making a difference he's done the reverse, seen this too often with youth players. Fans do this wishful thinking baloney.

1) How did he do with the ball? He fell over it or mis**** it or simply just watched it sail by him
2) How did he do off the ball? Ran around
3) How was he defensively? Awful
4) How was he offensively? Beyond bad
5) How many misplaced passes did he have? 12
6) How many times did he lose possession for us? Everytime he touched the ball

I also watched him, as it stands, hes a terrible footballer.

Time will tell I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.