Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
…when you lack quality in the top third you have to make up for that by being defensively sound. We are defensively sound, he sets us up to give us a chance. I doubt another manager would make these players score goals.
How our two wingers & Doucs stayed on as long as thet did a complete mystery all 3 sho old have been subbed as was our leftback too... shocking individual performances from all 4 players

Last edited:
The players run a lot but they don't have any conviction or a good enough mentality in attack.

That sort of result doesn't happen with a group with a good mentality.

I'm thoroughly fed up watching players who don't even believe they can score. Why are you playing at this level if you have zero composure.
I reckon they're trained not to think for themselves on the pitch, they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over...

Smash & grab by West Ham. If not for their keeper it would have been 3 or 4 goals for us. They score from a corner with the wrong man (Godfrey) picking up Zouma, score a worldy against the run of play, then pick us off when we're pushing for the equaliser when Garner gifts them with a loose pass. Just glad Forest & Palace also lost, and hoping Villa do us a favour tonight. Besides the 2 faults, I thought Godfrey & Garner played well.
This is how i felt tbh. We made mistakes and they were punished. Another day and we win that 3 nil.

How many winning goals seem to be scored at that end in the dying stages of matches, away teams seem to be celebrating late winners in that corner every week

Smash & grab by West Ham. If not for their keeper it would have been 3 or 4 goals for us. They score from a corner with the wrong man (Godfrey) picking up Zouma, score a worldy against the run of play, then pick us off when we're pushing for the equaliser when Garner gifts them with a loose pass. Just glad Forest & Palace also lost, and hoping Villa do us a favour tonight. Besides the 2 faults, I thought Godfrey & Garner played well.
At last.... someone who speaks sense 🤣

How many times have we had efforts cleared off the line this season. Rarely ever get a flukey goal or rub of the green. If only had 1% of the luck or corrupt decisions that crowd have across the park we be alright

Status
Not open for further replies.