Bill Kenwright

Quite sad really, those open letters clearly showed that he was no longer fully with it. As did those texts he sent to Iwobi. There should’ve been someone there to take him out of the firing line although obviously it might have been him refusing to come out of the firing line himself
He needed sectioning tbh. Was embarrassing himself and the club regularly, causing immense and irreparable damage in the process.

He needed sectioning tbh. Was embarrassing himself and the club regularly, causing immense and irreparable damage in the process.
The damage of a divided fanbase (the enlightened against the blind) could have been avoided had he stepped down gracefully.

I don't believe for 1 second he offered to resign and Moshiri refused. Besides, nobody can stop you resigning. You just stop.

It probably went more like this:

Bk "It's a really difficult time, after a lot of a soul searching I have come to the painful conclusion that it's maybe for the best that I offer my resignation. Breaks my heart as the world's biggest blue."

Fm "OK, Bill..... If you're sure?"

Bk "I am sure, but you don't sound convinced. OK, I'll stay"

MOSHIRI REFUSES KENWRIGHTS RESIGNATION!

I'm convinced that the recent anti PL protests wouldn't have had the same level of buy in with him around. Why? He'd have remained mainly silent, terrified of upsetting anyone.weak as piss.

Genuinely, couldn't care less of the points get put back. We're having our say and the majority of the football world know it's an unjust punishment.

Him no longer being chair is as good as a cup win.

Last edited:
The damage of a divided fanbase (the enlightened against the blind) could have been avoided had he stepped down gracefully.

I don't believe for 1 second he offered to resign and Moshiri refused. Besides, nobody can stop you resigning. You just stop.

Bk "It's a really difficult time, after a lot of a soul searching I have come to the painful conclusion that it's maybe for the best that I offer my resignation. Breaks my heart as the world's biggest blue."

I'm convinced that the recent anti PL protests wouldn't have had the same level of buy in with him around. Why? He'd have remained mainly silent, terrified of upsetting anyone.weak as piss.

Genuinely, couldn't care less of the points get put back. We're having our say and the majority of the football world know it's an unjust punishment.

I 100% believe he sat down in a room with Sharp, Baxendale and Ingles and all four of them agreed that the best way forward for the club was for them all to offer the club the opportunity to pay them off to leave - a golden handshake.

He had no intention of leaving, and simply allowed the other three to exit the club and he himself to remain in his role - therefore making him all the more irreplacable as the club could not possibly operate without 80% of its board members.

One horrible, conniving little snake. We all knew it would take death for him to be removed from Everton. That's what he planned for and that's what he got.

Never forget our wonderful owner begged him to stay on despite clearly being mentally and physically unfit for work, because his experience was needed for the transfer window apparently.

Quite sad really, those open letters clearly showed that he was no longer fully with it. As did those texts he sent to Iwobi. There should’ve been someone there to take him out of the firing line although obviously it might have been him refusing to come out of the firing line himself
He was an old autocrat. Nobody was going to push him out as he knew where Moshiri's bodies were buried. I always said he'd be carried out in a box before he went. Now that he has, we have a chance to rebirth the club. In Liverpool at the weekend, I was struck by two things: just how disastrous Kenwright's reign has been for Everton prominence in the city itself, and just what a beacon of modern magnificence and hope the new stadium is.

Nobody should celebrate the passing of Bill Kenwright, the man. However, I'm ecstatic at the passing of Chairman Bill, a bulwark of backwardness holding the club back in a shallow pool of sentiment, underachievement, parochial pity, venality, and failure.

He was an old autocrat. Nobody was going to push him out as he knew where Moshiri's bodies were buried. I always said he'd be carried out in a box before he went. Now that he has, we have a chance to rebirth the club. In Liverpool at the weekend, I was struck by two things: just how disastrous Kenwright's reign has been for Everton prominence in the city itself, and just what a beacon of modern magnificence and hope the new stadium is.

Nobody should celebrate the passing of Bill Kenwright, the man. However, I'm ecstatic at the passing of Chairman Bill, a bulwark of backwardness holding the club back in a shallow pool of sentiment, underachievement, parochial pity, venality, and failure.
👏👏👏👏👏👏

Wonderful summary. Bravo.

Neither enlightened nor blind. Bill was an arrogant deluded leech. Moshiri is the one that's caused the real damage in my opinion

Never forget our wonderful owner begged him to stay on despite clearly being mentally and physically unfit for work, because his experience was needed for the transfer window apparently.

I personally think it's more the writing was on the wall that he was gravely unwell and they gave him the honour of dying in the post, than remove him from his cherished role.

I personally think it's more the writing was on the wall that he was gravely unwell and they gave him the honour of dying in the post, than remove him from his cherished role.
But it wasn’t an either or. They didn’t have to say, ‘we’re sacking this terminally ill man because he’s useless and we want shot.’

If Kenwright had wanted, he could have resigned with dignity. He could have used his programme notes to thank the club and say how he’d dedicated a lifetime to it. Everyone knew he was unwell, everyone (barring a few headbangers) would have let him go quietly.

The decision to keep him in post was inexplicable