2023/24 Sean Dyche

He got judged on his tactics, how he set up the team etc, and there was no signs early in the season that was promising. It was just not good enough .So rightly so he got criticism. His tactics has improved, then later we were seeing positive signs and then results coming. So based on not just results, but gameplans he was right to be criticised, and now he should get praised because he has adjusted and found out how to do things better
You’re correct that there was good reason for criticism and still is, such as being too cautious with subs and still a bit around game management.
I’m pointing out the problem of football fans in general being so fickle or so up and down. A good result and all is forgiven and then a bad result and public enemy again!
Btw IMO and many others I’m sure, there were plenty of positive signs at the beginning of the season too, even when results weren’t going our way.

He got judged on his tactics, how he set up the team etc, and there was no signs early in the season that was promising. It was just not good enough .So rightly so he got criticism. His tactics has improved, then later we were seeing positive signs and then results coming. So based on not just results, but gameplans he was right to be criticised, and now he should get praised because he has adjusted and found out how to do things Beto

fixed

Can’t fault the fella for how he’s changed the organisation and workrate of the side, and the last goal last night was a thing of absolute beauty.

Had really limited options in midfield but made a workable team out of what he had - sign of a good manager and one that has got hold of the team and dressing room - they are working for him, themselves and us, and he’s got better quality players than he had at Burnley - I hope we’re onto something with him.

Keep young up the pitch going forward - miles better there than at fullback.

Onward toffees with Dycheball!

Can’t fault the fella for how he’s changed the organisation and workrate of the side, and the last goal last night was a thing of absolute beauty.

Had really limited options in midfield but made a workable team out of what he had - sign of a good manager and one that has got hold of the team and dressing room - they are working for him, themselves and us, and he’s got better quality players than he had at Burnley - I hope we’re onto something with him.

Keep young up the pitch going forward - miles better there than at fullback.

Onward toffees with Dycheball!
That performance was one of pure powerful football - Harrison in the midfield was magnificent - Ashley Young on the wing was his best position ;)

What exactly is he doing tactically different now than he was at the beginning of the season?

Yes he's settled on a few different players than he started the season with, but everything we've been doing recently is everything we've been doing since the beginning of the season.

We are doing it better, mind you, but tactically we're not very different.

It's clicked. That's all.

Last season was survival. This season it's moulding a team. Just took a while, fit strikers, and understanding.

Still gonna be ups and downs and the home record needs to improve. But we're in safe hands with Sir Sean of Dyche. Not had it since Carlo.

And with all the turmoil and no budget? Wow

I love what Dychey (I call him Dychey) is doing for us right now, but this "last minute dot com" thing that he says is a tiny bit cringe for me - it's only one step removed from doing a meerkat impression and saying "simples".

That said, if he keeps getting results he can say what he wants; he can do a Frank Spencer impression and change it to "hmmm Beto" for all I care.

What exactly is he doing tactically different now than he was at the beginning of the season?

Yes he's settled on a few different players than he started the season with, but everything we've been doing recently is everything we've been doing since the beginning of the season.

We are doing it better, mind you, but tactically we're not very different.

Anybody who watched our games could see we were creating chances but not finishing them.

As you said, nothing has changed in terms of tactics, that was never the problem. Confidence and finishing that has always been the issue, especially at home.

Despite the win last night it is still a problem as the first 80 minutes showed but once that 1st went in, the team just looked more smooth in that area. Hopefully that will be the catalyst for a good home run of wins and then back that up with the already good away form and there are no issues with survival at all.

1702045861563.png

Haven't always got on with Dyche, and at times some of his decisions have really frustrated me, but deserves credit for the way he's managed this team this season.

It's a squad full of players who are good at some things, and not so good at others, but he seems happy to put whatever ideals he has to the side and just lean into what his team are good at.