2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

I think even Ferguson described Rooney as the best English talent to emerge in 30 years which is some going as he emerged in 2002-3, and the period that Ferguson refers to also covered Gascoigne’s emergence who for me, is still the most outrageously talented English player I have seen.

In some ways, Rooney from sixteen to eighteen was probably close to his peak - for his age, he was so raw but immense.
Rooney is the best 16 year old I’ve ever seen , people laugh when I say I thought he was going to achieve more , give he achieved so much 16-18 he was immense, I thought he was going on to Balon D’Or status.

Rooney is the best 16 year old I’ve ever seen , people laugh when I say I thought he was going to achieve more , give he achieved so much 16-18 he was immense, I thought he was going on to Balon D’Or status.
Mate, I’ve said the same on here before. While he still achieved an awful lot and was a top player, his lifestyle put a glass ceiling on his potential.

They should have talked about him like Messi and Ronaldo, but the drinking, smoking and general attitude to training limited what he could have been.

He'd do a job in any position on the park too if asked. It's not even goals i remember him for, it's those 80 metre dashes back to his own half to stick a world class fullback slide tackle on a winger who'd just brushed the proper fullback aside.

He'd do a job in any position on the park too if asked. It's not even goals i remember him for, it's those 80 metre dashes back to his own half to stick a world class fullback slide tackle on a winger who'd just brushed the proper fullback aside.

In a lot of ways that counted against him overall individually mate , willingness to be a utility.

I think even Ferguson described Rooney as the best English talent to emerge in 30 years which is some going as he emerged in 2002-3, and the period that Ferguson refers to also covered Gascoigne’s emergence who for me, is still the most outrageously talented English player I have seen.

The way he walked around the pitch and the aura he had would have easily looked like he belonged in our best sides in years gone by and he was unfortunate not to be in the better Ferguson sides a few years prior.

Disappointing he didnt move to Barca or Madrid as i think hed have gotten some top awards on the continent then.

The closest ive seen to him as an u21 player is Branthwaite -- in terms of that when hes on the pitch you know he'll be one of the best players.

Chermiti has come from Sporting so technically should be very good. We need him to improve ths rest of his game.

Send him back
Never going to be a PL striker as has absolutely no pace - and worse, no desire by the look of his 15 minute cameo