2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'll ask it again. When he goes and the players still walk around, uninterested and refusing to move into space/pass 5 yards. THEN can we FINALLY look at the players and begin to question their commitment?

They're getting away with murder and still some refuse to blame them (apart from Keane...grrr bloody Keane!!)
The players have to take some responsibility, but who’s telling them to sit back, who’s telling the full backs to stay back. Who’s telling Pickford and the back 4 to just kick it long. Go and watch Doncaster again and watch dyche telling Pickford to launch it long v the bottom of the 4th division.

There’s no patterns of play, no overlapping fullbacks,
No runners, no one-two’s, no triangles. No variation on corners.
5 games running we’ve watched young chip balls into the keepers hands. arsenal did us the other day from a training ground corner. It’s called coaching

Already in 5 games he’s broken a club record by having us pointless and goalless after 3 games and shares the worst start to a season after 5 with the only manager to have a worst win percentage than him (Mike Walker). In a weeks time we could be looking at 5 defeats in 6 after Brentford and beaten by Villa for the second time this season to exit the League Cup
This has ruined my trip up the M6 next Wednesday was full of hope and optimism!

Rewind, i wasnt and knew it was a folly but want my lad to see Villa Park under the flood lights and I have been duly rewarded with a pair of tickets at the very least i expect to see a goal, not necessarily us but a goal all the same,

I cant imagine for one second it will take me back to April 1985 but one has to hope!

I seen today, with the rumours of potter, that we wouldn’t give him time as a fan base, which I disagree.
I think the majority fans realise where we’re and what the next few years will look like. I’d rather have a potter building something the right way and trying to actually build a football team,
Than dyche who will never ever change his style and philosophy which is outdated and long term gets us nowhere.
Ironically Silva with Brands actually being able to operate autonomously would, in hindsight at least have been the best option here.

I’m saying that as somebody who wanted both to be booted out of the club at the time however.

Ironically Silva with Brands actually being able to operate autonomously would, in hindsight at least have been the best option here.

I’m saying that as somebody who wanted both to be booted out of the club at the time however.
I think most liked
the brands-silva combination, but as a fan
Base we were still impatient and probably thought we could keep throwing money at the situation

I think the ‘we’ve been playing well’ schtick has already hit the buffers given in 3 of our 6 games we’ve been a genuine embarrassment - to the point that I had 3 different non Everton fans text me during 3 different games to apologetically sympathise - it’s past the point of them taking the pee.

The first half against Doncaster was the single worst display of supposed football I have ever seen in my entire life. No part of me is exaggerating about that either.

I'll ask it again. When he goes and the players still walk around, uninterested and refusing to move into space/pass 5 yards. THEN can we FINALLY look at the players and begin to question their commitment?

They're getting away with murder and still some refuse to blame them (apart from Keane...grrr bloody Keane!!)
The squad is a mix of over half a dozen managers who’ve dealt with a lot of turnover

Moyes - Coleman
Martinez - don’t think there’s any left from his reign
Koeman - Pickford, Keane, Gueye (re-signed under Lampard), Calvert-Lewin
Silva - Gomes
Allardyce - no one
Ancelotti - Doucoure, Godfrey, Virginia, Branthwaite
Benitez - Lonergan, Mykolenko, Patterson
Lampard - Dele, Garner, Onana, Tarkowski, McNeil
Dyche - Young, Harrison, Danjuma, Beto, Chermiti

The latter 3 managers have conspired to results that have seen us escape relegation 2 seasons running and have a dreadful start to this

The players have to take some responsibility, but who’s telling them to sit back, who’s telling the full backs to stay back. Who’s telling Pickford and the back 4 to just kick it long. Go and watch Doncaster again and watch dyche telling Pickford to launch it long v the bottom of the 4th division.

There’s no patterns of play, no overlapping fullbacks,
No runners, no one-two’s, no triangles. No variation on corners.
5 games running we’ve watched young chip balls into the keepers hands. arsenal did us the other day from a training ground corner. It’s called coaching

Im in no way comparing the two. But i remember brighton under chris hughton. As dour and negative approach you could find from a manager. Got rid. Appointed potter and with the same players completely changed the approach and attitude.
Personally i dont think we have the players to do that but its a fine example of how different a manager can change the mood and attitude. Not really liking dyche's comments (however true) post and pre matches. He's basically giving the message that all is lost before a ball is kicked. Its certainly not a plus point from him as a manager.

Im in no way comparing the two. But i remember brighton under chris hughton. As dour and negative approach you could find from a manager. Got rid. Appointed potter and with the same players completely changed the approach and attitude.
Personally i dont think we have the players to do that but its a fine example of how different a manager can change the mood and attitude. Not really liking dyche's comments (however true) post and pre matches. He's basically giving the message that all is lost before a ball is kicked. Its certainly not a plus point from him as a manager.
I thought it was fantastic before Villa away and he said "I've mentioned to the lads some words from a very famous Everton manager (Joe Royle) about being on the front foot from the off and taking the game to the opposition"

Those first 4 minutes mimicked the Arsenal game. Lethargic, clueless, no plan, no idea, stand off, sit deep hope for the best football.

Dyche = soundbite Sean, total fraud. He has one of those faces you would never tire of slapping, but, I fear we are stuck with him. He is totally bereft tactically and despite all the 'noise' around him(see what I did there)? He doesn't seem to be capable of setting up a well organised, well drilled defensive unit, and for all his gaffers day nonsense, we seem no fitter now than we were under Lampard.

If we were a club in a healthier position. I would say sack him today, however, we have bigger problems than the Ginger Louis Armstrong and we can't afford to sack and pay off him and his team. Even if we could, given our ownner and Chairman's incompetence and the state the club is in, any replacement for Dyche would be no better than he is.

Dyche = soundbite Sean, total fraud. He has one of those faces you would never tire of slapping, but, I fear we are stuck with him. He is totally bereft tactically and despite all the 'noise' around him(see what I did there)? He doesn't seem to be capable of setting up a well organised, well drilled defensive unit, and for all his gaffers day nonsense, we seem no fitter now than we were under Lampard.

If we were a club in a healthier position. I would say sack him today, however, we have bigger problems than the Ginger Louis Armstrong and we can't afford to sack and pay off him and his team. Even if we could, given our ownner and Chairman's incompetence and the state the club is in, any replacement for Dyche would be no better than he is.

spot on

dont agree that nobody would be better than he is doing, another manager could give the players some more confidence and get them to use the ball better. He has a run of games that he must perform on, with 777 putting money in and having somebody go on the board watching i am sure will be pressure on dyche if this continues he will be gone even if it will cost us